Weather affect eating?

Bread

Arachnopeon
My guys all loved there food last week when it was 70-75, today its 83 and the only ones to munch are my a.geniculata, and trapdoor, the rest are not interested, my b.smithi even threat postured a locust!
My GBB has webbed himself into a cocoon, I am wondering if it's multiple moult time :)

I've just refreshed the water and left them to it (getting locusts/crickets back into boxes is harder than getting them out!

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Arachnosupporter
I haven't noticed any difference in my group taking food on hotter days and we've had plenty of those already this year. I only feed a couple of crickets twice a week, though. My group my stay a bit hungrier because of that.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Personally, I absolutely notice a difference in feeding between summer and winter. During the summer, my T room is always around 80-90F, with the average being on the higher end of that spectrum. Not only do I have molts constantly (many slings molt twice within a month), but they all take food as if they hadn't seen an insect in years. During the winter, my T room is around 60-70F, with the lower end of the spectrum being the average. I have refusals of food very often during that time.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Personally, I absolutely notice a difference in feeding between summer and winter. During the summer, my T room is always around 80-90F, with the average being on the higher end of that spectrum. Not only do I have molts constantly (many slings molt twice within a month), but they all take food as if they hadn't seen an insect in years. During the winter, my T room is around 60-70F, with the lower end of the spectrum being the average. I have refusals of food very often during that time.
Thats always been my experience as well in general

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Your temps are all in normal ranges, imo. I have not noticed any feeding difference in my guys -- they eat about the same year round and generally moult as often in winter as during summer. Last year I did notice more moulting during rainy periods but that's not related to temperature (since mine are in temperate controlled environment - humidity/barometric changes occur far more than temperature changes here in my home). I'm not denying they recognise seasonal changes; just saying I don't see an impact on their eating/moulting. Maybe mine are the anomaly. It's hot/humid summer here and I've actually had NO moults in a few months and the same eating pattern. (shrug)