wc pink toe

FADELS

Arachnosquire
It wasn't my intention to buy a WC T, but as luck would have it that's what I got. Shes not webbing and has barely moved around in her enclosure. (She mostly stays on the glass where it opens. Will she ever adjust or is she going to die? She hasn't eaten yet but it has only been just under a week since I got her.

cold blood

Staff member
1. Don't worry about wild caught....pink toes are exceedingly abundant in their home range and are one of those rare exceptions where wild collecting doesn't really impact local numbers.

2. Adult avics really only web just prior to molting. But its also important to give them the tools to do so with a proper set up.

3. Being on the glass is normal, they live at elevated positions....worry if its on the ground.

4. Food is a low priority, especially if the t is plump. I only feed mine a couple times a month when they are eating, when full they will go months on end without wanting or needing food.

5. This is the most important thing...post a pic of the set up. Avics have more specific requirements than most species/genera.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Wc or not they need time to settle in. Put it somewhere warm and dark with little traffic. Resist the temptation to check on it.
Don't worry. They all settle in.

FADELS

Arachnosquire
Thank you so much! I'm really relieved. I'll post a photo of the setup at a later time tonight.

20200526_232304.jpg 20200526_232255.jpg

cold blood

Staff member
Id keep a water dish on the floor as well....otherwise, commendable set up, looks pretty good.

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
Does she looks healthy from what you can see?
Looks pretty good, nothing much to worry about with the T. Don’t go down the spraying or humidifying route then your fine...

There’s just one slight problem with the mesh lid, the T can get its tarsi stuck in there and fall/damage it’s foot. Either replace the lid with a perforated acrylic sheet (pretty cheap and easy) or put lots of clutter (fake plants, vines etc.) at the top so it has something to grab onto if stuck in the sheet.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Best Avic setup from a new keeper that i've seen on here in a while.

Good job and thanks for the sigh of relief.

FADELS

Arachnosquire
Added one more water dish at the bottom and I'm off to find something to replace the mesh lid with. I don't want to mess with her too much, but I don't want her little feets to get stuck in the mesh. Thank you guys so much for the help and advice, I'm really glad I found this forum!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Does she looks healthy from what you can see?
Nice setup, good start- need water dish, maybe some more plants, but not critical. Let it get settled first.

Did the suction cup dish holder come w/the tank?

In truth Ts do die out of nowhere at times, sorta like rabbits. Seems fine to me, I wouldn't be worried yet.

FADELS

Arachnosquire
Nice setup, good start- need water dish, maybe some more plants, but not critical. Let it get settled first.

Did the suction cup dish holder come w/the tank?

In truth Ts do die out of nowhere at times, sorta like rabbits. Seems fine to me, I wouldn't be worried yet.
No, I bought it thinking it would be better for the T to get water (there's a dish in the suction holder and ive added a second dish on the ground) seeing as though Avics don't really come to the ground

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No, I bought it thinking it would be better for the T to get water (there's a dish in the suction holder and ive added a second dish on the ground) seeing as though Avics don't really come to the ground

Where did you buy it? I've never seen this before.

FADELS

Arachnosquire
I think I found it on Amazon! Am I allowed to link it here?

Pyroxian

Arachnophobophiliac
PM me. Not sure you can.
I've also seen them in the herp supplies section of our local big box pet stores (PetSmart or petco, can't recall which) - at exorbitant prices of course, along with a faux stone version called a "feeding ledge" that uses magnets (plate outside the tank) instead of suction cups. FYI if you're looking for instant gratification and/or other options.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've also seen them in the herp supplies section of our local big box pet stores (PetSmart or petco, can't recall which) - at exorbitant prices of course, along with a faux stone version called a "feeding ledge" that uses magnets (plate outside the tank) instead of suction cups. FYI if you're looking for instant gratification and/or other options.
I’ve seen a magnet one. Haven’t seen these in ours, but ours is small. They weren’t selling cricket chow till I told them to sell it!

@Ungoliant has a really cool water dish!

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
@Ungoliant has a really cool water dish!
For my Avics, I use these Command soap dishes from Walmart. (You just need to plug the drain hole.) Once mounted, you can slide the dish up and out to clean it.

I like that they have a gentle slope, allowing the Avic to drink from multiple angles.

FADELS

Arachnosquire
I didnt want to make a new post about this so hopefully people see this new comment! My Pink toe has still not eaten nor webbed up her enclosure at all. I'm worried shes sick. She will slowly grab a superworm from me, try to bite it as if she is starving, but she always drops it and im worried its because she just sits on the glass and can't hold herself up well when trying to eat. I'm not really sure. I know everyone said the enclosure is good but I think the only things she likes about it are the glass and suction cup water thing that I catch her drinking out of at 3am every single night 😂

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Did you tried different feeders? like roaches etc?

And the last question, wich is you room temp? My pulchra did the same in my old house because the house was very cold. She refuses food until she was a little bit warmer.