WC Pandinus Imperator

Eddie2Dynamite

Arachnopeon
Just curious if someone could shed some light on something. My understanding is that P Imp is illegal to import, so how come I see WC Imps online?

Colin93

Arachnoknight
Just curious if someone could shed some light on something. My understanding is that P Imp is illegal to import, so how come I see WC Imps online?
Some prefer WC specimines so I'm guessing some companies just put that to sell, others may get them through some shady routes instead, the majority are CB tho

Eddie2Dynamite

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the info. Ide rather have a CB than a WC considering the risk, plus I dont need a ton of scorplings running around. I already have 3 dogs, a hamster, a 9 year old human boy and two 1 year old twins (boy/girl). I dont need 30 more mouths to feed :D

Colin93

Arachnoknight
T
Thanks for the info. Ide rather have a CB than a WC considering the risk, plus I dont need a ton of scorplings running around. I already have 3 dogs, a hamster, a 9 year old human boy and two 1 year old twins (boy/girl). I dont need 30 more mouths to feed :D
To be honest sometimes even wild caught can be very docile, I have 2 WC H. Spinifer and the male is more docile than either of my P. Imperator's, but the female spinifer is unbelievably aggressive, though that could just be because female scorps tend to be more aggressive, either way the male is very docile for a spinifer 😂 but I get where you are coming from. And I want mine to become gravid haha, my girlfriend says I need to slow down buying them, not my fault if they have 30 babies is it 😂

Eddie2Dynamite

Arachnopeon
Its not the aggression as much as parasites/disease and gravidity (If thats a word). There is a little more control over CBs in knowing what you are getting. I did specifically seek out a P Imp as they are over all the most docile and least likely to sting because I have the little ones in the house. I realize that their venom is comparable to a be sting so not medically significant, but I DONT know if either of the twins are allergic. Mind you its a locked tank in my office with a door I largely keep closed. Plus I work from home so I am almost always in here. Kids don't really come downstairs unless I am around. Still, the lower average aggression is a bit more piece of mind.

Ian14

Arachnobaron
All Pandinus species are now CITES Appendix II. It is my understanding that there is a zero export quota. If that is the case, then any being sold now are illegal imports.
If there is an export quota allowed then provided they are from a shipment with the relevant CITES permits then they are fine.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Another reason for (falsely) advertising them as 'WC' could be because there is this (unconfirmed?) story going around on the net that WC's are larger compared to CB's.

Colin93

Arachnoknight
Another reason for (falsely) advertising them as 'WC' could be because there is this (unconfirmed?) story going around on the net that WC's are larger compared to CB's.
Yeah I have heard that too but then you see the size of a lot of CB ones and wonder how true it really is, I mean they have a much more steady food source along with heat and humidity in captivity, you really have to question how that would work, although that's a good point, them using that as a selling point