User waynerowley's collection

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
My two latest Ts arrived at the end of last week, so I thought it a good time to introduce the 'final' (hah) collection, and also give an update on my Ts:

1. Caribena versicolor juvenile: 'Flo'

My oldest T, purchased as a 2 inch juvenile back in May. He/she has moulted once since then, and I think it's in premoult now. Here is the latest picture of it:

IMG_2891.jpeg

Exactly - missing presumed in premoult. Here's the latest picture when it was out:

IMG_2873.jpeg

2. Avicularia avicularia: 'Fidget'

My 2nd T - obtained as a fresh sling from Dave (of Dave's Little Beasties). Moulted just over a week ago, which was slightly eventful as I think it fell in the moult (as documented in a different thread). Seems fine now. I have recently re-homed it into a smaller enclosure as this T is such a picky eater, it might make my life easier. Here it is having ignored a mealworm:

IMG_2886.jpeg

3. Caribena laeta: 'Gidget':

Gidget is a star! A great eater - loves mealworms and is easy to feed. Moulted once so far, over a month ago now, and still hungry:

IMG_2887.jpeg

4. Y. Diversipes: Widget (or seven):

Found to have only 7 legs on arrival, but that doesn't seem to both it. It's been eating well, and I wonder if it is now approaching pre-moult as it has webbed itself away and is less interested in food:

IMG_2885.jpeg

5. Avicularia Purpurea: 'Bob'

One of my newest additions. Quite a bit larger than my other Avicularia slings, and I wonder if it is also in pre-moult because since being housed it has no interest in food and has webbed itself up at the bottom. Tried to do a runner when housing, but failed!

IMG_2884.jpeg

Now, onto the terrestrials:

6. Pamphobeteous sp "machella": PBB

Big, bold and eating well. I have noticed two things about this spider. Firstly, I'm sure it's trying to escape. I often see it with one foot on the lid of the enclosure. Secondly. it must like splashing around in its water bowl when nobody is looking. The water level goes down very quickly - compared to my other enclosures. I am always re-filling it. I even changed the bottle top in case the first one was leaking. Nope - must be the spider:

IMG_2888.jpeg
(I come out now?)

7. T. albopalisus: 'Fuzzbut'

The smallest one - tiny. Hides in a hole. Has now made a web curtain over the hole. Probably about to moult:

IMG_2889.jpeg

8. C. cyaneopubescens: 'GBB'

One of my latest additions - arrived with the A Purpurea - and it moulted in the post! After hiding away it is beginning to venture out, so will be feeding shortly:

IMG_2877.jpeg

IMG_2876.jpeg

Wayne

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
Flo has moulted out. He is a male, though I’m not sure whether he is mature yet. If he is he is small, probably 4 inches at a stretch!

6312FA7F-8A12-411E-AA84-717394A756BA.jpeg

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
18th September 2021

An update as I know I haven't posted in a while. Spiders are doing well I think. Here are some updates and pictures:

1. Pamphobeteus sp. 'machala'

Seems happy after its rehouse. Probably due a moult soon. I'm cutting down the feeding, given its fat rear end!!

IMG_3054.jpeg

2. T. albopilosus

Also moulted, but in secret and a while ago. Still small but not as small. Also approaching another moult I think:

IMG_3061.jpeg

3. Caribena laeta

Has moulted twice in my care and doing well. Colours are starting to change - with some of the reds/yellows/browns starting to come:

IMG_3066.jpeg

4. Caribena versicolor

Doing well in its final adult enclosure. Seems to enjoy hunting down crickets!

IMG_2996.jpeg

5. A. avicularia

Grows slowly, eats sparingly, but otherwise is doing its thing!

IMG_2987.jpeg

Others (no pictures yet):

A. purpurea: moulted last week. I didn't know until it kicked out its old moult. Is quite large now, and I'm sure looks fantastic, but I can't get any pics as it stays in its curtain web/tube at all times!

Y. diversipes: In pre-moult I think. Hiding away at the bottom of its web. Hasn't eaten in a while. Can't get a photo.

C. cyaneopubescens: Moulted a couple of weeks ago. Put on a nice bit of size and is eating well again. Photos to follow.

Wayne

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
Which male? They are all slings except the versicolor. If it’s male it’s not mature - no hooks or emboli.
Ah yes, I mentioned the versicolor as being male in a previous post, It’s been a while. As I said, it’s not mature, and I have some doubt from my photos of the abdomen. I’ll wait to see how it grows. For now it’s made a nice funnel web home and is eating well.

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
Great photos. Love the abdomen of the Pampho, like a backgammon table.

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
Update - 26/10/2021

Some rehouses: Firstly, my Y. diversipes was looking a little small in its enclosure after the last moult, and was spending more time near the top on the lid. This should give it some room to grow:

IMG_3160.jpeg

IMG_3162.jpeg

Also rehoused my A. Purpurea. I't didn't strictly need it, but as it has been webbing up around the lid I thought it might benefit with some more room. Its new home should do it until (almost) adulthood:

IMG_3163.jpeg

IMG_3165.jpeg

Wayne

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
29/12/2021 - Update Time

I haven't posted updates in a while. This may spread over a couple of posts - we'll see.

1. C. versicolor 'Flo'

She moulted again a little while ago - she is definitely a she! I was able to positively sex her from the moult this time, Had a little fast after her moult but is now eating well again. Here's a pic:

IMG_3274.jpeg

2. C. laeta 'Gidget'

Not sure the name suits any more. It's putting on some size and has left the blue colour of the sling stage behind. Was re-homed yesterday so is slightly hacked-off, but looking good nonetheless.

IMG_3287.jpeg

3. T. albopilosus 'Fuzzbut':

Also known as the invisible spider. Hadn't seen it in weeks - not since rehousing it. I put killed mealworms in - sometimes they disappear, sometimes they don't. Occasionally a moult gets chucked out of the burrow along with soil. However, my patience was rewarded when a couple of days ago I caught it out and about:

IMG_3278.jpeg

4. P. sp. 'machalla' - 'Pamphy':

Fast, moody and always hungry. Also quite big now. He/she moulted a couple of weeks ago. Looking good with a change of colour.

IMG_3254.jpeg

5. A. 'purpurea'.

Growing well and getting more confident. I often see it out and about now when it used to hide all of the time. Starting to see some purple when the lighting is just right.

IMG_3263.jpeg

6. Y. diversipes

Also growing and eating well. Not a great photo but he/she rarely leaves its web canopy.

IMG_3162.jpeg

7. C. cyaneopubescens

Eating and webbing.. that's about it really. Also moulting as I type! Here's the before pic from a few weeks ago:

IMG_3180.jpeg

8. A. avicularia - 'Fidget II'

Doing well, and moulted a few days ago. Here's a pic before the moult:

IMG_3188.jpeg

I also have some new additions too. I'll add those on a new reply to this thread!

Wayne

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
29/12/2021 - Update 2: New additions

I have three new additions to the collection:

1. A. sp. 'geroldi'

Another Avicularia ( I do like them ). This one arrived in pre-moult and moulted about 2 weeks afterwards. Is eating well again.

IMG_3206.jpeg

2. A. sp. 'rufa'

And another Avicularia. This one came with a really tiny abdomen and seems scared of everything except fruit flies. It's eating those at least, and I'm sure once it puts on some size after the next moult it will move on to mealworms without issue.

IMG_3207.jpeg

3. T. seladonia

Newest edition, and another T from Dave. Very small, very cute. It hasn't made a trapdoor as yet, just a web cocoon. Eats sparingly, but drinks frequently.

IMG_3234.jpeg

That's it for now. I'll post an updated pic of the GBB after it's moulted.

Wayne