Watter dish: Use what?

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi guys,
I have a doubt with the things we can use to watter dish in scorpions.

For the adults I use bottle cap, but I dont know what to use on the scorplings!

For the B. Jacksoni and C. Margaritatus I use a cap of beer botle that is small that the cap of juice bottle, but with the Buthus Ibericus, that are smaller than the others, I dont know what to use. Any ideias? Can you post some pics of yours scorpling watter dish?

At the moment I spray every day the wall of the enclusure but were better if I put on the enclusure a watter dish.

Thanks in advance!

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just use bottle caps with rocks in it so they cant drown :)

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I dont use anything for watering scorplings. If the substrate is humid and you feed them alot then they will be fine

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you want something more aesthetic than a bottle cap, try a small sea-shell?

Damo

icefish

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i am using the layer from the cap of coke!! the layer is inside the cap!!! tear it up and put it on the substrate and drop 1 water drop on it, it can hold it!!! this is the way i use!! and watering them once a week!!

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I usually use big water dishes for my more waterabled scorps (fill them up with rocks{not so much for the scorps but so that the feeders don't drown}) and let a little bit of water drip down the side of the glass for my others.

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think I will use the method of icefish, cause the slings of B. Ibericus are really really small!

Thanks for the answers!

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey Pear,

Like Brian, I also give adults a film roll cap with water. I don't use dishes with instars, sometimes I use small pieces of plain sponge, that I saturate with water once a week. The young sometimes climb on those pieces and rest there for longer periods of time. It also keeps up humidity, but the drawback is that crickets eat the sponge an make a mess of it. So I do not use this very often. I rely on fluiduptake through feeding, the humidity level of the substrate and drinking from drops after a mist to be enough for most species.

Ciao, Michiel