Wather sensitive?

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sometimes when there is a huge storm coming, I see my Scorps wave their claws in the air and get real defensive. Sometimes they appear to be trying to run for cover. Especially my C. Sculpts. They appear somewhat startled or freaked out. Are Scorpions sensitive to weather and atmosphere changes?

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sometimes when there is a huge storm coming, I see my Scorps wave their claws in the air and get real defensive. Sometimes they appear to be trying to run for cover. Especially my C. Sculpts. They appear somewhat startled or freaked out. Are Scorpions sensitive to weather and atmosphere changes?

Yes, they are, changes in weather CAN trigger a molt or birth. Could also be the TV, music you where listening, construction noise, etc etc........

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
Animals seem to indicate changes in weather. Every time before a big storm in the summer I hear the coyotes in the hills howling. Even humans can. I know a lot of people who get migraines from changes in air pressure which usually leads up to a storm.

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That was my initial thought. They seem VERY agitated before a storm and always scamper around the cage as if they are trying to find shelter. Normally they simply sit there in a corner or under their hides.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Animals seem to indicate changes in weather. Every time before a big storm in the summer I hear the coyotes in the hills howling. Even humans can. I know a lot of people who get migraines from changes in air pressure which usually leads up to a storm.
You don't howl before a big storm? :razz: