Watering globe in Millipede enclosure?

Pan of Reeses

Arachnopeon
Hey all, I do not currently have millipedes but I was looking into getting them in the near future. I was wondering is anyone had used those glass watering globes that people use for plants to help maintain moisture in the substrate? Thanks a bunch for any help with a noobie.

Isaax Critterz

Arachnoknight
Really anything can be an enclosure as long if it has good ventilation. ( except for a cardboard box or stuff like that.)

Pan of Reeses

Arachnopeon
Yeah sure I was gonna put them in a 10 g reptile tank I was just wondering about keeping the substrate moist is all I've seen people say they use pipettes or a tube right in the soil where they sometimes drop in water I just figured one of these watering globes could continually keep the soil moist I just wasn't sure if maybe it would make it too wet

CutThroat Kid

Arachnoknight
Yeah sure I was gonna put them in a 10 g reptile tank I was just wondering about keeping the substrate moist is all I've seen people say they use pipettes or a tube right in the soil where they sometimes drop in water I just figured one of these watering globes could continually keep the soil moist I just wasn't sure if maybe it would make it too wet
I could see it potentially getting too moist. Or, if for some reason it failed and all the water came out at once, might drown your pedes. But that's worst case. Best case, you save yourself 30 seconds a month. In theory, it seems useful, but just soaking a corner twice a month takes two seconds and works fine (for Ivory Pedes at least). Save yourself the space and put a cool plant in there with them!

Pan of Reeses

Arachnopeon
I could see it potentially getting too moist. Or, if for some reason it failed and all the water came out at once, might drown your pedes. But that's worst case. Best case, you save yourself 30 seconds a month. In theory, it seems useful, but just soaking a corner twice a month takes two seconds and works fine (for Ivory Pedes at least). Save yourself the space and put a cool plant in there with them!
Thanks I appreciate that I was just worried about it drying out too much, yeah I'm going for Ivory pedes

CutThroat Kid

Arachnoknight
yeah I'm going for Ivory pedes
I really like them. They are a great display invertebrate in my opinion. Right now I have one named PeanutButter sharing an enclosure with a cellar spider, a ladybug nymph, and a single distinct blue isopod I also named Jelly. lol.

Pan of Reeses

Arachnopeon
Those are great names! I plan to have mine live in my science class with me for most of the year. I think I am going to name them millimeter and milligram lol