Waterdish too full & to close to heat source?

ChromatoFuse

Arachnopeon
I think i came to a conclusion that my waterdish that sits next to the side of the enclosure where my heat mat is gives alot of condensation because of the heat that is right next to it? (i use a heat mat on 19°C to keep a stable temperature, winter is cold)

could this be true?
i refilled my waterdishes yesterday & it seems that theres alot of condens on the glass, my substrate is pretty dry compared to all the condense on the glass..

Maybe i should move my waterdish to the oposite side? or use less water?

Thank you, posting alot because i'm a newb in keeping my own tarantulas, i did alot of research before getting them but in real life practice its all different..

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
I think i came to a conclusion that my waterdish that sits next to the side of the enclosure where my heat mat is gives alot of condensation because of the heat that is right next to it? (i use a heat mat on 19°C to keep a stable temperature, winter is cold)

could this be true?
i refilled my waterdishes yesterday & it seems that theres alot of condens on the glass, my substrate is pretty dry compared to all the condense on the glass..

Maybe i should move my waterdish to the oposite side? or use less water?

Thank you, posting alot because i'm a newb in keeping my own tarantulas, i did alot of research before getting them but in real life practice its all different..
If you use a heat mat you should place it on the side of the enclosure and not underneath it. Can you post a picture of your enclosure?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
My heat mat is on the side of my enclosure & it's only running on lower temps for stabilization.
Heat mats shouldn't be near the hides either.

Your best bet here would be to swap the enclosures around and then run the heat mat between them above substrate level.

ChromatoFuse

Arachnopeon
Heat mats shouldn't be near the hides either.

Your best bet here would be to swap the enclosures around and then run the heat mat between them above substrate level.
Yes, i get you. i will do this for sure, 1 is in molt tho, or premolt, sealed of his burrow, won't this disturb him?

Swagg

Arachnoknight
I found a little Window to look into his burrow, he's fine, heat mat is place to the other side :) he ain't molting tho, but we will see :)
If you are he’ll vent on using a heat mat, the safest way is to put your enclosure into a larger container and place the heat mat on the wall of the larger container. Just fyi