Water sources for arboreals

Dangergirl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Should an arboreal T have a water source higher up in its enclosure, or will it come down to drink ?? :?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I went from doing the misting thing for 2 months when i was a newb. Now i just keep a dish. I bear witness to my A. avic strolling down for a drink and mossien back up to the top. :D

toidy

Arachnosquire
I went from doing the misting thing for 2 months when i was a newb. Now i just keep a dish. I bear witness to my A. avic strolling down for a drink and mossien back up to the top. :D
you can mist your enclosure often if you're not a lazy person but if you are, just provide a water dish and keep the substrate moist..:)

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
you can mist your enclosure often if you're not a lazy person but if you are, just provide a water dish and keep the substrate moist..:)
Why are you quoting me when your talking to the OP? Unless your implying im lazy. Am i missing something?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
.... buy a humidfyer lol;P
Now thats lazy!! Anything more efficent is lazy. {D

Honestly Misting doesnt raise the humidity but for only 20 minutes. And Ts dont feel the need to drink too often if you gut load your prey properly. IMO its a waist of time and effort.

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
Now thats lazy!! Anything more efficent is lazy. {D

Honestly Misting doesnt raise the humidity but for only 20 minutes. And Ts dont feel the need to drink too often if you gut load your prey properly. IMO its a waist of time and effort.
yea well when i used to have my avic avic (rip) i used to keep a lrge water bowl at the bottom and i also mist the cage once a day and he was very happy in fact he live close to nine months after ultimate molt i guess you would say... wich ever the one when he can breed:rolleyes:

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yea well when i used to have my avic avic (rip) i used to keep a lrge water bowl at the bottom and i also mist the cage once a day and he was very happy in fact he live close to nine months after ultimate molt i guess you would say... wich ever the one when he can breed:rolleyes:
This run on sentence could really do with punctuation and capitalization to ease reading your posts.:wall:

Misting provides a short spike in humidity and is not necessary once a day. There is no way for you to know a tarantula is 'happy', since they do not have emotions. It living for 9 months after the ultimate molt has to do with how much you fed him, not 'happiness'.

@ Dangergirl

For adults, we have water dishes near the top of the tank. For juvies, they are on the bottom. It doesn't matter where you put it though, because if the T is thirsty it will seek out water.