water feeding

Kelvin Taylor

Arachnopeon
Hi just started scopion keeping an just want know. I've heard that you can give scorpions bug gel or water retraining crystals instead of water is this true can anyone help please thank you

Last edited:

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wouldnt. I'd just mist the corner of an enclosure or fill a bottle cap/dish. It's far cheaper a solution in any case.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I wouldnt. I'd just mist the corner of an enclosure or fill a bottle cap/dish. It's far cheaper a solution in any case.
Quite a bit easier and less messy too since you don't have to clean up dirty crystals or gel all the time.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I agree that misting or water dish is the best practice.

Kelvin Taylor

Arachnopeon
Thank you all for help and advice looking to start a colony with my asain forset scopion an breeding.

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you have a Heterometrus species, you will want to have a fairly large water dish. Sometimes they will actually submerge themselves.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Noooo!
A water cap or dish is best and easiest water source.
I read an article on the make up of gel crystals. Do a quick search and prepare to be shocked.
Due to the mastication process scorpions use, could cause digestion problems. Not worth finding out, IMO.
Gel crystals are fine for crickets as they have "suicidal tendencies" around water dishes.