Water drop photography

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So, anyone manager to capture a fragment of memory in the drops yet? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_memory
Hmmm ... next time I do some more pics I'll have to remember to interrogate the drops. :)

I don't mean to scoff, your link reminded me a bit of some rather compelling studies done in Japan involving crystalline formation ... a statistically significant correlation was demonstrated indicating that the mood/well-being of the scientist or assistant growing the minerals was reflected in the degree of perfection of those crystals formed under their supervision. I attended a lecture on this at Carleton College here in MN a few years back, pretty interesting.

Regardless, I'd certainly have to say that these water drops have very playful personalities! :D

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You guys are freakin awesome.
I havent looked in on this thread since it was still at page 1. Im glad i did:biggrin: Between the lavalamp-esq comparison my mind makes to the drops/splash, and chads "fryin balls" photo shoot this thread reminds me of that store Spencers found in most malls haha.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Very nice Michael! I need to try some splatter shots! :D

Tried some milk earlier this week.

I should really rename this thread to liquid photography. {D

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That first shot is the most perfect drop splash ever! :D

Defiantly try some splatters, they're my favorite liquid sculpture forms so far and I love the pics I got of them. ;)

advan

oOOo
Staff member
That first shot is the most perfect drop splash ever! :D

Defiantly try some splatters, they're my favorite liquid sculpture forms so far and I love the pics I got of them. ;)
LOL Got lucky with that one! But I guess luck is how these shots turn out! :D

Probably my favorite because I finally got a decent reflection. :)

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I won't even ask how you got these. :D

Last edited:

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This has been a favorite photography genre of mine for a pretty long time. These are all fantastic! :D

advan

oOOo
Staff member
It's been a rainy spring, not many chances for outdoor photography, so........

Tivia

Arachnopeon
Wow, these are amazing! I love how unique each one is and the colors/reflections are beautiful. They look like miniature blown glass sculptures. You have wonderful talent!

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
Just stumbled on this thread; I took these last year for a photo forum I'm on. Drop3 6Feb22.jpg
Drop4 6Feb22.jpg
.....only late by a few months and a decade.