water dishes

IndianaSlim

Arachnopeon
How often do you guys and girls take out your water dishes and clean them out? Does "old water" cause a problem? I fill up the dishes every other day but should I be cleaning them bi-weekly or something???

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I clean the dish once a month with hot water and soap unless it has cricket remains or something else in it that would taint the water.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
never had one long enough to worry...i just use plastic milk jug caps and other assorted bottle/plastic container caps (peanut butter jar lids, lids from Minute Maid juice cartons, etc) depending on the size of the T. Use em for a week or two and then throw it away and replace with a new one.

It wouldn't hurt to at least wash it every couple of weeks if you have a permanent one though. As long as the T isn't pooping in it and there are no dead food items in it you shouldn't need to worry very much though.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I clean the dish once a month with hot water and soap unless it has cricket remains or something else in it that would taint the water.
thats what i do to and keep your eyes on it as to when to top it up ect :) ;) === phil

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I rinse my Ts dish everytime I do cage maintance only if its dirty, if its clean I leave it be. I never actually clean the dish, just rinse it with hot water.

Mizerie

Arachnopeon
I've been using these for a few years, They work well and i only clean 'em if they look like they need it.(Every 6 months or so)Last about a month or so....

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi what is that looks like a bird drinker ? can it be or have i got it wrong :? :confused: lol thanks === phil

Mizerie

Arachnopeon
hi what is that looks like a bird drinker ? can it be or have i got it wrong :? :confused: lol thanks === phil
I got it out of the reptile isle at petco. Its a mini water dispenser.(people use the big ones for cats & dogs)

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I rinse my Ts dish everytime I do cage maintance only if its dirty, if its clean I leave it be. I never actually clean the dish, just rinse it with hot water.

Same here, each time I do water dish for my aureostriata I take it out rinse in hot water and wipe off dry then fill to the top and put it back in. :D