Water Dish or Cricket?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
So my B. hamorii missed the cricket I threw in there and ended up grabbing the water dish with her fangs. She held onto it for so long I thought she was stuck.

Eventually the cricket wandered by again and she did grab it. Then overnight she must have gotten mad since she dragged the dish all the way across the enclosure.

It's a souffle cup so I don't think there's any risk of injury. Just a bizarre occurrence.
20210413_071838.jpg

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's plastic, so I don't think they can break a fang through that. I'll let someone more knowledgable chime in.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
I've had a P. pulcher and P. sp Sabah Blue do this as well, both even took the "prey item" into their hides. I was rather surprised to find a water dish 6" under the substrate with the sabah lol. Thought she just buried it with burrow spoil lol.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
FWIW my MF A chalcodes dug out and then dragged her cave halfway across her enclosure and rotated it 90 degrees. See below. That low has 90 rotated, against the glass on the left and covered in substrate

Attachments

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
I had to replace my B bohemei's water dish because when it was a deli cup she would toss it all around her tank. Her tank was too wet all the time because she was always dumping it. Now it's one of those reptile dishes that looks like a fake rock. I don't like those but at least she leaves it alone.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
FWIW my MF A chalcodes dug out and then dragged her cave halfway across her enclosure and rotated it 90 degrees. See below. That low has 90 rotated, against the glass on the left and covered in substrate
That's what my AF albo looks like, on top of the hide, though much smaller web mat for mine unfortunately.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
my g.pulchra stole the one water dish and it is now part of its home

My p.vittata tried to grab a meal worm and grabbed a vine from the ground and dragged it into its hide and left the worm behind. I laughed so much