Water dish for g.rosea sling

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My g. rosea sling's burrow goes underneath it's waterdish (a soda cap), and now the water dish is tilted at such an extreme angle that I can only put in a few drops of water without it spilling into her burrow. I tried moving the cap, but she seems to have webbed it to the substrate and I can't get it out with out ripping open the burrow. Should I just put another dish in there? It wouldn't leave that much room on top of the substrate, but since she spends most of her time in her burrow, I don't think that would matter.

dangerprone69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How big is the sling? I wouldn't really even worry about having a water dish in there right now. G. roseas come from a very arid climate and get most of the water they need from their prey items.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i don't have water dishes for pretty much any of my slings. for all my G. rosea slings i just feed and mist them. for misting they get a spritz every couple weeks and they are doing great.

one caveat... if you are in a cold cold part of the world and use central heating you might need to water your bugs more than me

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i don't have water dishes for pretty much any of my slings. for all my G. rosea slings i just feed and mist them. for misting they get a spritz every couple weeks and they are doing great.

one caveat... if you are in a cold cold part of the world and use central heating you might need to water your bugs more than me
This time of year, the humidity is usually 20-40 % in my house. In the next month or two it skyrockets, but for now I want to make sure the little guy stays hydrated.

I've actually been considering rehousing him. I got him a month ago, and didn't realize he'd be such a burrower. I was thinking about putting him in one of the tall deli cups, like I have my avic in, and filling it up with substrate. Then just hope he doesn't go directly under the water dish again lol.