water bowl question

Stella Maris

Arachnoknight
This is probably a stupid question but...is it safe to use one of those porcelain dishes (the ones they sell in pet stores) as drinking water bowls for tarantulas (adult/mature size specimens)?

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm not 100% sure of the dishes you mean so I'll just say this almost anything can and will get used as a waterdish so long as it's never been used to store chemicals or pesticides it should be fine

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Yes, they should be perfectly safe. I use plastic bottle caps from juice bottles for slings and whatever appropriate sized containers made from plastic, glass or porcelain for bigger specimens.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
This is probably a stupid question but...is it safe to use one of those porcelain dishes (the ones they sell in pet stores) as drinking water bowls for tarantulas (adult/mature size specimens)?
You are better off using souffle cups. You can get a stack of a hundred of them or so for cheap, and every month or so you can swap out the dirty one for a fresh clean one without the need for scrubbing the gunk. Makes cleaning a lot easier. Best thing to do is to sit one inside of another one so you can just swap out the top one without disturbing the substrate that it's sitting in.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
My favorite water dishes are the blue lids from the top of Nutella jars. Only drawback is, you have to eat lots of Nutella to get several of them.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Only drawback is, you have to eat lots of Nutella to get several of them.
Please man continue to support our economy: gib money, we are of poor :(

In exchange we will continue to offer a yummi :hungry: product and, I swear, one day the final KO of those annoying palm trees forests where monkeys loves to live like if everything belongs to them :)

:troll: