Was I sent a different species than what I ordered?

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Consider yourself lucky. I had a customer order a desert hairy scorpion and was sent a fat tail scorpion by mistake. That could have been a deadly mix up if he didn't know his scorpions.

In your case I'd let the seller know and see what they offer but don't be too surprised if they say there is nothing they can do about it. It has been 5 months and though I would like to think they would offer you some sort of compensation they may not. Luckily, as others have said, at least you got another cool spider.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, I'm not really concerned about sending it back. I'm more concerned about knowing what I have and how to care for it.

I'm also just curious if getting the wrong tarantula is common as this was my first ever order.
What everyone said is a B. auratum.

awiec

Arachnoprince
I know, I'm just a paranoid person sadly haha. Especially since it's with my favorite species and the first time I'm ordering from this dealer, I'm a bit nervous lol
I remember a dealer forgot the P.vitatta in my order, and he sent it the next few days with no charge and threw in a p.muticus sling as an apology; good dealers will make it right

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
It's a B. auratum. Looks like a pretty nice one too. I would keep it and it is one more for the collection :)

As others have said with reputable breeders mix ups do not happen very often.