WARNING! Newly Discovered LS Virus!

Ashphetamine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would like to send this cautionary statement out to my friends here at Arachnoboards. I know, that as the Arachnofreaks you all are- you may appreciate what I've come to say.
----------

Recently it occurred to me that I have been slowly collecting strange symptoms. I would like to share with you my theory and hope you all heed my warning!

I used to have a discomfort with anything 8legged and fast, but suddenly I have Tarantulas piling up in cages around my room! I pet them like kittens and find myself enjoying the horrific crunch of crickets during feeding! I've called and stalked every pet store within 50mi of my home, searching for more 8 legged lovelies to rescue! My family thinks I've gone mad, and I too am beginning to believe this!

I'm concerned that I may have contracted this lifestyle mutating infection from YOUR forum! Everyone here should be immediately quarantined and evaluated!

I've heard from underground sources that there is a terrible virus rampaging through the homes of our invertebrate lovers everywhere! They call it the "Love a Spider" Virus.

Symptoms may include but are not limited to:
  • the mutation of an entire lifestyle to appease either one's arachnocollection or their addiction to broadening it.
  • excessive spending on the purchase of "slings" or "T's" and their enclosures
  • learning to speak "taps" to communicate between glass enclosures
  • dedication of excessive amounts of space in your house to home these creepy crawlies
  • a strange burning sensation in the abdominal region when someone ignorantly "disses" arachnids.
  • a sick amusement in the natural food chain and the sounds of lower links being devoured.

LSV is a highly contagious disease with no cure! The infection develops through the attainment of knowledge! The more you know, the more intense the disease gets. Learn whatever you can and share it with anyone you meet!

However, I do have good news! Look at this!
Currently Active Users: 296 (109 members and 187 guests) [10:46pm 10/21/10]
Currently Active Users: 304 (114 members and 190 guests) [10:50pm 10/21/10]
Currently Active Users: 319 (108 members and 211 guests) [11:10pm 10/21/10]
This is our CAU as Im typing this! There are more Guests than Members- which means the infection is spreading!

Most Importantly- What to do if you think you have contracted this Virus:
SPREAD THE KNOWLEDGE AND INFECT YOUR FRIENDS!

Last edited:

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Well, finally a diagnosis. Too late, as I understand it's incurable, though.

LOL.

Marga

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah, Maybe me, too. Seeing as how I'm always pettin', squeezin', and callin' em' George! :)

missscarlett

Arachnopeon
This calls for a PROFESSIONAL!!

EEKKK!!
Quick- call Mulder and Scully to track this All-consuming affliction!!
Or better yet, call in Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan...no, wait...she grew up PLAYING with snakes and T's!!!
I give up! I'm (happily!) terminal!{D

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
I think I have that virus too.. I started with a few and now I think I have hundreds... Lol... If not for the bad economy (plus I pay my rent on time), I guess my landlord would have already kicked me out of my apartment. Lol... At least now I know what's the name of the virus that has been affecting me.

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It sounds like the motto I live by. I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it!!!{D{D:p

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lol, this made my day!

It's good to put a name to my symptoms {D

Rowdy Hotel

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would like to send this cautionary statement out to my friends here at Arachnoboards. I know, that as the Arachnofreaks you all are- you may appreciate what I've come to say.
----------

Recently it occurred to me that I have been slowly collecting strange symptoms. I would like to share with you my theory and hope you all heed my warning!

I used to have a discomfort with anything 8legged and fast, but suddenly I have Tarantulas piling up in cages around my room! I pet them like kittens and find myself enjoying the horrific crunch of crickets during feeding! I've called and stalked every pet store within 50mi of my home, searching for more 8 legged lovelies to rescue! My family thinks I've gone mad, and I too am beginning to believe this!

I'm concerned that I may have contracted this lifestyle mutating infection from YOUR forum! Everyone here should be immediately quarantined and evaluated!

I've heard from underground sources that there is a terrible virus rampaging through the homes of our invertebrate lovers everywhere! They call it the "Love a Spider" Virus.

Symptoms may include but are not limited to:
  • the mutation of an entire lifestyle to appease either one's arachnocollection or their addiction to broadening it.
  • excessive spending on the purchase of "slings" or "T's" and their enclosures
  • learning to speak "taps" to communicate between glass enclosures
  • dedication of excessive amounts of space in your house to home these creepy crawlies
  • a strange burning sensation in the abdominal region when someone ignorantly "disses" arachnids.
  • a sick amusement in the natural food chain and the sounds of lower links being devoured.

LSV is a highly contagious disease with no cure! The infection develops through the attainment of knowledge! The more you know, the more intense the disease gets. Learn whatever you can and share it with anyone you meet!

However, I do have good news! Look at this!
Currently Active Users: 296 (109 members and 187 guests) [10:46pm 10/21/10]
Currently Active Users: 304 (114 members and 190 guests) [10:50pm 10/21/10]
Currently Active Users: 319 (108 members and 211 guests) [11:10pm 10/21/10]
This is our CAU as Im typing this! There are more Guests than Members- which means the infection is spreading!

Most Importantly- What to do if you think you have contracted this Virus:
SPREAD THE KNOWLEDGE AND INFECT YOUR FRIENDS!

I would dispute the highly contagious claim. I've yet to be able to make a friend like and want to collect T's like I have, but I have made some people realize they're pretty cool.