Warning :Dont Feed Snakes In Their Tanks..

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
walk in, put hands in air, and proclaim "take me, snek lords!"
In actuality, common sense and homespun wisdom prevails in what would otherwise be a tag gauntlet in those containments.
* Feeding is done before 06:00 when the inmates are cold and laconic. None of the un-natural constant warm temperature of a reptile house or room. Snakes also live longer, sometimes by several years, when they are allowed to have a cool down period every 24 hours.
* Practice. Pay close attention to each snake's head. Learn to recognize instantly, innately, when a snake is kicked back or a loaded gun.
* Back up handler. In close quarters the back up person automatically grasped my belt or piece of my clothing, ready to give a warning yank. Four eyes always see more than 2.
* Proximity. Never get closer than X to the head of a snake. With pythons it's 2 feet. Less than that and you won't be able to react to a strike fast enough. Your reaction is the basic karate kata of a hand sword making a deflecting sideways sweep, NOT simply trying to dodge to the side or back.
* Know your snakes. Most are opportunity strikers, but a few, Hannah being the poster child, may zoom at you first.
With the above memorized and practiced I'm reasonably safe walking through that python containment I nicknamed 'bulldog alley'.

Last edited: