Wanted: Mormon Crickets

Dave_H

Arachnopeon
Hi,

I am interested in obtaining a few live specimens of the infamous Mormon cricket that is rampaging through Nevada and Utah. If you can help me out on this one please let me know. I have various types of tropical roaches available for trade as well as mealworms of the Colorado darkling beetle. I would be willing to pay shipping it you could just catch me a few.

thanks
Dave

DaveHuntwork@juno.com

willywonka

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I hope that you are not planning on using these as a food source. The news here in Vegas just ran a story on how the farmers in Nevada and Utah are spraying pecticide to kill the crickets because they are destroying crops in these states.

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When I saw the story my biggest fear was that they would start using large quanities of "beneficial" nematodes in those areas. A concern for invert keepers there and if any feeder insects are being raised and distributed from those area it could be a problem for keepers who don't have the luxury or time to raise their own feeders

Dave_H

Arachnopeon
Mormon Crickets

No....I just would like a few as another interesting addition to my live insect collection. They get rather large from what I understand. I cannot believe they are running wild by the millions but I cannot find anyone that will send me a few.

-Dave