Want to have tarantula pet, anyone can help? Have few questions

Johnbenoza

Arachnopeon
Hi, anyone can help me? I want to have something like:
Fast grower,
Active,
Heavy eater,
But not wild( i mean, im not gonna handle it, i just want to watch it while im studying while im at my study table)
Nice color,
Affordable.

I actually want to have 2 spiders. Like a webber and goes around and digger, something like that? Please help. Thank you. And im located at scarborough, toronto. If you could also suggest a good place to find want im looking for, i would really appreciate. Thanks a lot!

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
A. geniculata.
-affordable
-heavy eater
-fast grower
-nice color
-very active
---
-Define wild.
I think A. geniculata may be a good fit.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
chromatopelma cyaneopubescens seems like something in your ball park. theyre an easy tarantula, really beautiful (if you like blue and orange) and are heavy webbers.

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
The perfect webbing T would be Avicularia versicolor or Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens for you, they are heavy webbers, good eaters, and fast growers. They also have magnificent colors, both when slings and adults!
For terrestrial T, a classic Nhandu or Acanthoscurria species would be great choice, super colors, very active, and great eaters! And best of all, one of cheapest tarantulas there is

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Quite frankly, reading your comment the best Theraphosidae that matches what you seek is IMO a Pterinochilus murinus.

Well, "nice color" is a subjective issue, but if you like orange & black, you're done. Plus, the web part.

Too bad that (no offence man) I highly doubt that an 'OBT' would be the best for you.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Tarantula Canada is one of the largest t vendors in Canada. I'll side with the GBB votes.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
Quite frankly, reading your comment the best Theraphosidae that matches what you seek is IMO a Pterinochilus murinus.

Well, "nice color" is a subjective issue, but if you like orange & black, you're done. Plus, the web part.

Too bad that (no offence man) I highly doubt that an 'OBT' would be the best for you.
I suspect that OBT would not fall under OP's definition of "not wild."

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight

i agree and was thinking of them at first but it sounds like your very new to this hobby and honestly one might be a little too overwhelming when going straight for these guys because of their stronger venom and infamous short tempermant, hence the o so popular nickname Orange bitey thing.

Sorry im not trying to scare you or anything im just trying to give the heads up.;)

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
make sure to check out tangled in webs! theyre in Brighton Toronto, so pretty close, shipping should be real cheap. i recommend A geniculata, and Chromatopelma cyanopubescens. the former is pricey for females. and even slings dont go for below 35. check out Avicularia, Nhandu, and Brachypelma for more colorful relatively tolerant beginner species.
ps TIW has 3" females in stock.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Fast grower,
Active,
Heavy eater,
But not wild
Nice color,
Affordable.

I actually want to have 2 spiders. Like a webber and goes around and digger, something like that?
You are looking for Brachypelma vagans (Mexican red rump) and Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (Green Bottle Blue)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
i agree and was thinking of them at first but it sounds like your very new to this hobby and honestly one might be a little too overwhelming when going straight for these guys because of their stronger venom and infamous short tempermant, hence the o so popular nickname Orange bitey thing.

Sorry im not trying to scare you or anything im just trying to give the heads up.;)
Thanks man, much appreciated. Actually I'm scared of Baboons, :eek: <-- Eek! and I don't plan to own those :)

cold blood

Staff member
make sure to check out tangled in webs! theyre in Brighton Toronto, so pretty close, shipping should be real cheap. i recommend A geniculata, and Chromatopelma cyanopubescens. the former is pricey for females. and even slings dont go for below 35. check out Avicularia, Nhandu, and Brachypelma for more colorful relatively tolerant beginner species.
ps TIW has 3" females in stock.
1) A. Genic, my good man...
2) GBB

U Can't loose my friend!
First two species that came to my mind...genic and gbb.

N. chromatus and B. vagans would also be good.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
Thanks man, much appreciated. Actually I'm scared of Baboons, :eek: <-- Eek! and I don't plan to own those :)
whoa hey I kinda think there's a bit of a misconception here!!! Ive been in this hobby here for a while and I also know who the experts are on this website but please understand me when I say that I always like to watch more than reply (trust me I'm here every day of my sad life :D) and I just meant my reply/agreement as a helpful advice to the this thread title and not to go against anyone so I'm sorry if I worded it wrong and offended anyone! :embarrassed:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
whoa hey I kinda think there's a bit of a misconception here!!! Ive been in this hobby here for a while and I also know who the experts are on this website but please understand me when I say that I always like to watch more than reply (trust me I'm here every day of my sad life :D) and I just meant my reply/agreement as a helpful advice to the this thread title and not to go against anyone so I'm sorry if I worded it wrong and offended anyone! :embarrassed:
What are you saying my man, ah ah? :)

"experts?" expert is a crappy technology chain shop here in Italy where the employee of the month has an I.Q like a "Dead Rising" zombie :pompous:

Hell if I'm scared about Baboons!!! I wasn't joking at all, now not sure about you, but a wild unruly monkey, pretty stronk btw, destroying my stuff in my house it's a: "no way!" :stop: and this talking about a female, because... Christ, a male specimen will even try to abuse me in a very bad way :shifty:

:kiss:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I don't think anyone is offended. I was just amused that Chris was getting the baboon lecture. :D

You are right a baboon is not the best idea for a 1st T.