Want to get my next few T's...

5dice

Arachnopeon
Has anyone used http://www.net-but.net ? Who DO you recommend?

I'm thinking of getting one or more of the following:
B. smithi
A. versi
GBB
Señor Leg Warmers (B. klassi)

Last edited:

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
I got my last 4 Ts from petcenterusa. I got 4 different avicularia species with 2day shipping and they all arrived well, so I'd reccomend paul at petcenter. He packs really well, has cheapest prices I have seen, and has all of the Ts you want (except the last you listed, without the species name I am unsure.. ). Also helpful and friendly.

You could also try jamies tarantulas. I have never bought from her but have spoken to her before. She LAG all of her orders and is very friendly, although she is a tad more expensive than petcenter.

You could also look in the buy/sell/trade listings in here, there are lots of very friendly people you can buy from if they have what you want.

5dice

Arachnopeon
I got my last 4 Ts from petcenterusa. I got 4 different avicularia species with 2day shipping and they all arrived well, so I'd reccomend paul at petcenter. He packs really well, has cheapest prices I have seen, and has all of the Ts you want (except the last you listed, without the species name I am unsure.. ). Also helpful and friendly.

You could also try jamies tarantulas. I have never bought from her but have spoken to her before. She LAG all of her orders and is very friendly, although she is a tad more expensive than petcenter.

You could also look in the buy/sell/trade listings in here, there are lots of very friendly people you can buy from if they have what you want.
Thanks, N1ghtFire. I bought my P. metallica from Jamie's Tarantulas. She was a bit pricey, but extremely well packed and great customer service.

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
Thanks, N1ghtFire. I bought my P. metallica from Jamie's Tarantulas. She was a bit pricey, but extremely well packed and great customer service.
I'd go with @paulatpetshop then. They have B. smithi for $29, A. versi for $20, and GBB for $25. I am going to be buying a few more from him this spring, too.

Last edited:

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've never understood buying from a tarantula smuggler just to save money.

I've never ordered from Net Bug as I'm not in the US, but I've always heard good things about them. I'd say go for it OP.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
has cheapest prices I have seen,
He's a known Tarantula Smuggler who had the Federal government knocking on his door. There's a reason he has the lowest prices consistently, YEAR after YEAR.

When he got busted by the Federal government, he tried to implicate every other dealer as well. If you want the court documents here you go.

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/us-dealer-involved-in-smuggling-revealed-in-court-documents.211012/

Supporting a known smuggler is like giving a gun to a known murderer.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A. versi for $20
The cheapest price for A. versi is not PBecker, it is Arachnoiden I believe. Arachnoiden has some right now for $15.99 This is the best value for an A. versi.

Paul Becker used to sell them for more then he got into a self-inflicted price war, rather funny actually. If it wasn't for Arachnoiden lowering the prices, then A. versi slings would still be 25-30$ right now IMO.

Last edited:

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
I can only personally vouch for Jamie's Tarantulas and Stamp's Tarantulas, both of which I've had very positive experiences with. Just don't order from Slackwater, for the love of Anansi the spider god! As far as buying tarantulas goes, buying based off of the lowest price you can find isn't very wise. It's much more important to know that the person you're buying from is ethical and that they are selling tarantulas for the right reasons.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Señor Leg Warmers (B. klassi)
Quite a few people have klaasi now. If I recall correctly, many are imports. They are running about 68-75$ not including shipping. This is one of those species that drops in and out of the hobby. I know many of the klaasi are imports from Europe, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they all were. I say this because klaasi hasn't been sold in such numbers for a LONG time. Then all of a sudden tons of people have them. While this can happen when a US breeder produces, I know one dealer whose klaasi are from Europe.

I'd get some for sure if you were interested, who knows when they will be around again in such numbers, could be 5 years or more.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
As far as buying tarantulas goes, buying based off of the lowest price you can find isn't very wise. It's much more important to know that the person you're buying from is ethical and that they are selling tarantulas for the right reasons.
Quite right :D In this case however the lower priced A. versi is coming from an ethical breeder/seller.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Quite right :D In this case however the lower priced A. versi is coming from an ethical breeder/seller.
Low price and being ethical definitely aren't mutually exclusive! I have heard nothing but good things about Arachnoiden. So in that case, it's just a win all-around!

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
I have read some stuff about someone smuggling Ts, but I never had much interest in reasearching the subject and didn't realize it was Paul. I was still very happy with the quality of his customer service and tarantulas as well as pricing though.. I have mixed feelings on this topic.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I was still very happy with the quality of his customer service and tarantulas as well as pricing though.. I have mixed feelings on this topic.
Anecdotal evidence should never trump actual documentation.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have read some stuff about someone smuggling Ts, but I never had much interest in reasearching the subject and didn't realize it was Paul. I was still very happy with the quality of his customer service and tarantulas as well as pricing though.. I have mixed feelings on this topic.
It depends on what's important to you the consumer. Saving a few dollars and supporting a known smuggler, OR spending a few extra dollars and supporting someone who does right by the hobby. For me it's a no brainer, but others not so....

It's a very small hobby with only a handful of regular dealers both in the USA and Europe, everyone knows everyone in these types of hobbies. Do you really think the European breeders/dealers are giving Becker such a great deal, and screwing over the other US dealers w/higher prices, year after year after year...... Just something for people to think about.

EddieEGT

Arachnopeon
I have ordered from net-bug. It's where I got my first tarantula, my gorgeous female B. smithi. I highly recommend them.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The cheapest price for A. versi is not PBecker, it is Arachnoiden I believe. Arachnoiden has some right now for $15.99 This is the best value for an A. versi.

Paul Becker used to sell them for more then he got into a self-inflicted price war, rather funny actually. If it wasn't for Arachnoiden lowering the prices, then A. versi slings would still be 25-30$ right now IMO.
Oh no mi amigo don't even get me started man. You are definetly supporting someone that is ruining the hobby with low prices and undercutting other legit dealers. He is no different than the other person you speak of.

Viper, I find it humorous that you slam one dealer only to back another up that is a proven 2 faced liar. I would much rather send my money to one of the dealers that charges a bit more or states they would be willing to price match then give 1 dollar to someone who through me and a few others under the bus by stating lies that we were brown boxers and part of a "California Mafia" just to try and make a big sale.

In addition, his depreciation of every tarantula in the hobby celebrated by you is not the shared opinion of many tarantula hobbiest. Feel free to pm me if you would like to know where I would send my money to someone honest, ethical, and with integrity in this glorious hobby.

As for Brachypelma klaasi I can get them if I wanted too as well as any other tarantulas you can think of for example Pamphobeteus sp. "Solaris", Pachistopelma bromelicola etc. I'm not here on this thread to sell you guys things I'm just simply saying look elsewhere besides this two face dealer you speak of. There are plenty of legit dealers in the hobby but your mind is pretty much made up of who you wish to deal with. Some of you guys complain about prices when you shouldn't, I say if you love the hobby so much and a dealer is legit and has the spider you wish to have order from that dealer regardless of the price. Quit complaining about who is over priced and who is not. You snooze you loose and miss out on a tarantula like this beauty below.

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Oh no mi amigo don't even get me started man. You are definetly supporting someone that is ruining the hobby with low prices and undercutting other legit dealers. He is no different than the other person you speak of.

Viper, I find it humorous that you slam one dealer only to back another up that is a proven 2 faced liar. I would much rather send my money to one of the dealers that charges a bit more or states they would be willing to price match then give 1 dollar to someone who through me and a few others under the bus by stating lies that we were brown boxers and part of a "California Mafia" just to try and make a big sale.

In addition, his depreciation of every tarantula in the hobby celebrated by you is not the shared opinion of many tarantula hobbiest. Feel free to pm me if you would like to know where I would send my money to someone honest, ethical, and with integrity in this glorious hobby.

As for Brachypelma klaasi I can get them if I wanted too as well as any other tarantulas you can think of for example Pamphobeteus sp. "Solaris", Pachistopelma bromelicola etc. I'm not here on this thread to sell you guys things I'm just simply saying look elsewhere besides this two face dealer you speak of. There are plenty of legit dealers in the hobby but your mind is pretty much made up of who you wish to deal with. Some of you guys complain about prices when you shouldn't, I say if you love the hobby so much and a dealer is legit and has the spider you wish to have order from that dealer regardless of the price. Quit complaining about who is over priced and who is not. You snooze you loose and miss out on a tarantula like this beauty below.
1. I am only speaking for myself when it comes to the philosophy of pricing, I'm not speaking for the hobby. Though, I don't know a consumer that doesn't want the same product for less money.

2. When you say Arachnoiden is no different than PetCenter, are you saying that Arachnoiden is a tarantula smuggler or ships/receives items illegally? I want to be clear what you are writing, as I'm sure others would want to know when they search for dealers.

Not that is matters, but the overwhelming majority of my tarantulas, >95%, have come from my friend Kelly Swift after that, it's mixture of 4 main sellers/breeders.

I can only go by what I observe. I wouldn't be surprised if you know something I don't. If so, please fill in my knowledge gaps.

3. I'm not a tarantula businessman, simply a collector, so I see things through a different lens than perhaps you do.

4. What is wrong if someone decides to sell for less than the rest of the competition, isn't this a capitalist country? I didn't get the impression that everyone that offers the same product is supposed to sell that product at the same price in this country?

I'll be the first one to agree that if one make a product for 1$ and sells it for 2$ that's good. If someone wants to sell it for $1.50, that's called competition, no? Why is that wrong??

That business model works for Walmart. The founder realized if he could sell in volume at a lower price, he would make his money that way against the higher prices sellers.

I both agree and disagree w/the below statement of yours. I don't know a soul who hasn't bought a product in their life and thought it would be nice to get it for less money somewhere else. Do you??

Plenty of people, myself included, buy from people in the classifieds section who are breeders are on the side, do it fun. Their prices are ALMOST always lower than dealers. Should people not buy from them as well?

"and a dealer is legit and has the spider you wish to have order from that dealer regardless of the price. Quit complaining about who is over priced"

Last edited:

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
1. I am only speaking for myself when it comes to the philosophy of pricing, I'm not speaking for the hobby. Though, I don't know a consumer that doesn't want the same product for less money.

2. When you say Arachnoiden is no different than PetCenter, are you saying that Arachnoiden is a tarantula smuggler or ships/receives items illegally? I want to be clear what you are writing, as I'm sure others would want to know when they search for dealers.

Not that is matters, but the overwhelming majority of my tarantulas, >95%, have come from my friend Kelly Swift after that, it's mixture of 4 main sellers/breeders.

I can only go by what I observe. I wouldn't be surprised if you know something I don't. If so, please fill in my knowledge gaps.

3. I'm not a tarantula businessman, simply a collector, so I see things through a different lens than perhaps you do.

4. What is wrong if someone decides to sell for less than the rest of the competition, isn't this a capitalist country? I didn't get the impression that everyone that offers the same product is supposed to sell that product at the same price in this country?

I'll be the first one to agree that if one make a product for 1$ and sells it for 2$ that's good. If someone wants to sell it for $1.50, that's called competition, no? Why is that wrong??

That business model works for Walmart. The founder realized if he could sell in volume at a lower price, he would make his money that way against the higher prices sellers.

I both agree and disagree w/the below statement of yours. I don't know a soul who hasn't bought a product in their life and thought it would be nice to get it for less money somewhere else. Do you??

Plenty of people, myself included, buy from people in the classifieds section who are breeders are on the side, do it fun. Their prices are ALMOST always lower than dealers. Should people not buy from them as well?

"and a dealer is legit and has the spider you wish to have order from that dealer regardless of the price. Quit complaining about who is over priced"
Hey man 1st off I am surprised if you are good friends with Kelly and purchase 95% from him that you have the attitude of the cheaper the spider the better. I am sure he would not be in agreement, but friends can still agree to disagree. Furthermore, I would stick with Swift and his circle of "amigos" when ordering spiders then.

2nd you state, "When you say Arachnoiden is no different than PetCenter, are you saying that Arachnoiden is a tarantula smuggler or ships/receives items illegally? I want to be clear what you are writing, as I'm sure others would want to know when they search for dealers" I am arguing with specifically when you stated, "Quite right" :D In this case however the lower priced A. versi is coming from an ethical breeder/seller." Again, it/he is not ethical when he lied, threw me and others under the bus saying we brown boxed, and never apologized in any way after he made his big sale that back fired on him. I will post the details in the next post in case they delete so this post does not get deleted.