Want to get another T.. Suggestions?

GBBslinger

Arachnopeon
I am interested in getting my second T and want to see what people recommend.

I have been raising my Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens since he was under an inch and we have been friends for close to a year now! (Progress photos shown) and I am interested in getting another T.

I live in NY so it does get cold and dry in the winter, and hot and humid in the summer. not that makes much difference because I don't live outdoors but just figured I'd include that info LOL

Give me some suggestions!

Thanks! :) 12494728_1701504106761874_2409028066326867484_n.jpg 13567512_1769168839995400_318210036057258994_n.jpg

symbol

Arachnopeon
Also, there's a bunch of beginner and intermediate T recommendations in this sticky.
Some more "What species should I get?" threads here.
And if you're looking for specific traits, there are links to threads talking about that here.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Behavior?
Coloration?
Housing requirements?
Adult size?
OW / NW ?
Price?

Stuff to consider...

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Well if you're looking for something slightly more challenging than a GBB, a Hapalopus sp. "Colombia" would be a nice step up. I have the small species, and I've enjoyed keeping it quite a bit thus far. I have no experience with the large species, but I assume they're similarly enjoyable. They are fast as HECK though, so if the GBB's speed/skittishness are offputting for you, then just ignore this recommendation, lol.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
If you want to try an arboreal try something from the psalmopoeus genus they're very cool spiders. P. Irminia and P. Cambridgei both very cool IMO.

CEOAirsoft

Arachnopeon
G. Pulchripes, G. Pulchra, B. Smiti, A. Genic, B. Vagans, Curly hair, aphonopelma chalcodes, just to name a few.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Need more info on what you are looking for and what sort of progression you're looking to make. Interested in arboreals? Eventually moving to Old World? Tropicals? What about size, speed, etc? There are SO many tarantulas that could fit here....gotta narrow down some of the attributes.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I am interested in getting my second T and want to see what people recommend.

I have been raising my Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens since he was under an inch and we have been friends for close to a year now! (Progress photos shown) and I am interested in getting another T.

I live in NY so it does get cold and dry in the winter, and hot and humid in the summer. not that makes much difference because I don't live outdoors but just figured I'd include that info LOL

Give me some suggestions!

Thanks! :) View attachment 220937 View attachment 220938
Why not get an adult female for your male?

Graves6661

Arachnosquire
I just got an A. geniculata today an it is beautiful. Very mellow so far but ive only had it in my care for a few hours at this point lol IMG_20160922_125426.jpg

EDIT: Its a 3 inch juvie

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I echo previous statements. Without some sort of direction to narrow the field, you could get 50 people giving you 50 different answers- and all of them could be a perfect fit for a second T for somebody, but none of them might be a perfect fit for you. We are always happy to recommend our favorites if we have some idea what you are looking for. If you truly are open to anything, you'll get plenty of options. But if you can even narrow the scope just a bit, even if it just a price level you do not want to surpass, we can try to dial in a bit better for you. Obviously, the more info we have to work with the easier. If you say you want, for example, only NW terrestrials that get 4-5", out most of the time, and have more coloring than "just another brown spider", and oh yeah, you don't want to spend more than $50 and would prefer a juvenile if possible, you'll still get a number of options. Remember, for every species out there, there is someone who loves them. We just want to know which of our favorites would be best for your particular preferences.