Wannabe Golith

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Ok today this was sold to me as a Golith birdeater. I piad 50 bucks for it. When i went to put her in its new tank she was very defensive and try to bite the pen i was using to coax her out of the cup she came in, rather than flicking hairs and running like most Goliths do. After a closer look i realized it's not a golith at all, most likely some kinda Asian spider, maybe a Haplopelma. After she was in the tank for about a hour it made a burrow, and webbed up the whole thing. This is no Golith, I found a piece of a old molt in the cup it came in, and the spermatheca didnt look like my other goliths either. Golith's have a fused spermatheca as this one had a double. How many more clues do i need :?

Attachments

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm not sure but how big is it, and if you could get some better pics someone could help you out.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't know, daddy-o.:?
But its a sweet looking T.
Can you take it back? Or do you want to?

Ernie

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Philth,
Looks sorta like that Selenocosmia sp. that Bill (Invertepet) and I posted pics of. Steve Nunn added his comments, as well.
See it here

Do these photos resemble the spider you have?
john

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Your picture really didn't help that much. All I saw were shapes of tarantula. But something tells me it is not a T. Blondi.

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah thats no Blondi, you should definatly take it back if your not satisfied with it

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i wouldn't trade it either! mystery T's are the best...

leads into my whole thing about mislabelled Ts :)!!!

enjoy it man!
keep posting pics, bud!
later
dave

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
id say it is a lovely Haitian Brown,im probabally wrong jus going by the pictures-jason

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
just out of curiosity was i right about this tarantula or wrong,also id like to know what species it is so i can get one also a very nice looking tarantula may i add

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like a C. paganus a.k.a. H. longipedum. If in fact that is what it is then you were ripped off pretty badly so let's hope that's not what it is. It's a bit hard to tell from those pics...

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
how big is it? I can't really tell (pics can be deceiving) -- any new pics?

peace
dave

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would say LaRiz and Bill S. are on the right track. Most definately an Asian species and looking a lot like the unkown Selenocosmia sp. being seen occasionally. I'd say you scored well:)

Cheers,
Steve