Wallis has passed on

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I came back home for spring break to find my whipsider dead in her terrarium. The heat lamp had blown some time in the past two days, but really I think it was probably the low humidity that got her--the substrate was bone-dry.

I left her at home because my parents agreed to take care of her, but I probably should have found a better home for her rather than relying on them for that.

Requiescat in pacem, Wallis. May you terrorize crickets forever in a rainforest somewhere beyond the sky.

Ghoul

Arachnosquire
How did your parents manage to do that?! My neighbours took better care of my whip when I was on vacation. Your poor little thing :(

basin79

ArachnoGod
I can't see how a deep layer of substrate can dry out in 2 days. Especially if the heat bulb had blown. Even 50mm of substrate will take around 7 days to dry out.

I suspect what killed it was heat if the sub had dried that quick. The thermostat must have malfunctioned. Poor lass.

GingerC

Arachnosquire
Rest in peace, Wallis. :( I'm sorry for your loss... as silly as it may seem to some people, I've named and love all of my pets, even the spineless ones. Especially my mantis.... I get tears in my eyes just thinking about what'll happen in a few months.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I can't see how a deep layer of substrate can dry out in 2 days. Especially if the heat bulb had blown. Even 50mm of substrate will take around 7 days to dry out.

I suspect what killed it was heat if the sub had dried that quick. The thermostat must have malfunctioned. Poor lass.
Naw, I bet the substrate hasn't been watered for over a month. And it's been quite cold here, that's just never seemed to have been that much of an issue before. The heat lamp has blown and she's been fine. Sigh...

Ghoul

Arachnosquire
Rest in peace, Wallis. :( I'm sorry for your loss... as silly as it may seem to some people, I've named and love all of my pets, even the spineless ones. Especially my mantis.... I get tears in my eyes just thinking about what'll happen in a few months.
I'm the same, I've even named some of my more recognizable isopods. They are my pets after all so I'm responsible for their well being. Though I know they can't live forever, but when they die before their time I get a bit sad.
Hell, I feel so guilty if I just accidentally step on a critter, or if my mum collects flowers from small plants. Or the one time I accidentally made a paramecium explode under my microscope. I always feel so guilty, like mother nature is judging me :d I also held a little funeral for a large dragonfly before, buried it in the garden.

R.I.P. Wallis ;;