Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Caribena avicularia

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Avicularia versicolor

Votes: 15 31.3%

• Total voters

Magenta

Arachnosquire
I voted for G. pulchra. I have 2 of them. They're great eaters, attack anything that moves.

If your budget allows, get all of them.:)

Arachne97

Arachnopeon
Well if you're having trouble with your genic's urticating hairs, steer clear of the b.boehmei. Those things are hair flicking machines. Get a Caribena versicolor. Pretty, docile spider that can't really flick urticating hairs.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Well if you're having trouble with your genic's urticating hairs, steer clear of the b.boehmei. Those things are hair flicking machines. Get a Caribena versicolor. Pretty, docile spider that can't really flick urticating hairs.
Actually C. versicolor is one of the only Avics that can throw UT's, I believe that's one of the reasons it was reclassified to Caribena
Here in post 14
All Avics have urticating hairs, what sets versicolor apart is being to kick them off (like terrestrial T's), rather them simply press them into you.
And this
BERTANI, R., T. BOSTON, Y. EVENOU & J. P. L. GUADANUCCI (2003). Release of urticating hairs by Avicularia versicolor (Walckenaer, 1837) (Araneae, Theraphosidae). Bulletin of the British Arachnological Society 12 (9): 395-398.

Last edited:

Lokee85

Arachnoknight
Alright fellow arachnophiles, this girl is looking for her next T but is stumped on which one to get. I've narrowed down the list, but I need some opinions:)
What species do you have so far, is it just the genic, or do you have others? I love my little blueberry slings (C. versicolor), and that's what I voted for, but the A. avic and B. emilia are great choices as well. G. pulchra is on my wish list, for sure, but I can't comment on them personally besides how gorgeous they are. Ultimately, I think you'll be happy with any on this list. :happy:

Shameless plug for my vote :)
Adult Female C. versicolor and her date!
View attachment 237297
Beautiful! I am so looking forward to watching my blueberries grow up. :astonished:

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
Okay, I need a bit of info before voting. What do you have now? And are you getting a sling or something approaching an adult (for example, I would maybe vote chalcodes, but only if you are planning on getting one that's at least a sub-adult 'cause they grow like molasses).

Ehliza

Arachnopeon
Okay, I need a bit of info before voting. What do you have now? And are you getting a sling or something approaching an adult (for example, I would maybe vote chalcodes, but only if you are planning on getting one that's at least a sub-adult 'cause they grow like molasses).
I have an A geni sling and it's about the size of a penny. My other T is an adult G rosea, and she's kind of a jerk. But its cute:)

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I'd definitely say the G. pulchra! My B. boehmei is the flickiest T I have ever met and if you're not a fan of hairs (or are very sensitive to them) maybe stay away from a boehmei ;) That being said, they are beautiful!

Here's my little G. pulchra - that pretty black color doesn't come until a bit later but they're still super cute!