Vitalius cristatus

looseyfur

Arachnofur
Old Timer
Vitalius cristatus.... anyone keep these?

need info if you have experience with this species

thanks-
loo:D

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I keep them...

What exactly did you want to know about them? Care is pretty straightforward as you can keep them like most other terrestrial Ts. Good eaters. Fairly good size. Around 7 inches from what I remember. ( mine aren't that big yet so I'm going on memory here. ) Not what you would call mean but pretty defensive. Awesome coloration too.

Phil

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by looseyfur
Vitalius cristatus....

need info if you have experience with this species

thanks-
loo:D
Sounds like a hair treatment for scalp cristatus. :? The little yellow guy needs some. LOL

Ernie

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't know about the care, but as far as I know the name has been changed to Lasiodora cristata

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by ArachnoJoost
Don't know about the care, but as far as I know the name has been changed to Lasiodora cristata
That's right. They're typical Lasiodora in behavior and temperament IME: mildly defensive and good eaters. Mine isn't kept in a burrowing set-up, so I can't advise on that, but I haven't noticed uch earth-moving. I use dry substrate, a large water dish, and a restricted ventilation and have never experienced any problems.

Joy

Last edited:

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
i have a l. cristatus spiderling and s/he is a burrower for the time being. i can't wait until s/he is older and showing more color, though. they are very beautiful.

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

Originally posted by ArachnoJoost

Are you talking about the species described by Mello-Leitão in 1923 or about the one in the pet trade? If you are talking about the one sensu Mello-Leitão 1923 you are right, but the one in the pet trade needs some further studies. See the post of R. Bertani on the arachnid_world list: >>quick quote<<

all the best,
Martin