Visible Burrow

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I am constructing new enclosures and am trying a new trick. I took white PVC "elbows" and sliced them in half lengthwise, then attached them to the side of the enclosure with clear caulking. (Everything is non-toxic!) So, if they accept these as "burrows", I'll still be able to spy on them! As soon as I get my surprise digital camera, I'll take pics!

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What happens when they web up the glass? Then you just get a big white spot to try your best to burn through with a flash light. :}

In Him,
Marcus

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That doesn't seem like a bad idea...I'll have to Try it with Hera when she gets bigger!!

Also in him,

Ben

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ephesians
What happens when they web up the glass? Then you just get a big white spot to try your best to burn through with a flash light. :}

In Him,
Marcus

I don't think you really have any way to avoid that.....although, I wonder if you could work out some sort of scrubber sort of deal made out of clothes hanger.

Probably too stressful to bother with, for you and the spider.

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

Hi,

this thread has a similar topic: >>click me<<

BTW, from my experiences with burrowing species, they will web the glass up und you have to clean it from time to time.

all the best,
Martin

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Actually, it's Rubbermaid! And so far, no one can seem to get webbing to STICK to it! We'll see though, I'm sure they'll figure out a way!

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Martin, what's that T in the top pic? I don't recognize it. That's sweet.

My seemanni's burrow is against the glass. I'll prolly take some pics of it soon. I'm long over due, now.

N.

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by nocturnalpulsem

Martin, what's that T in the top pic? I don't recognize it. That's
left: Haplopelma costale
middle: Haplopelma schmidti
right: Chilobrachys fimbriatus

all the best,
Martin

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Martin H.
left: Haplopelma costale
middle: Haplopelma schmidti
right: Chilobrachys fimbriatus

all the best,
Martin
H. schmidti was the one to which I was referring. I'm not familiar with it. There a common name, or is it some weird, exotic T I'll never see for sale anywhere? That's a damn nice species. Is it as big as it looks?

N.

Vayu Son

Old Timer
Kings pad

Here are some pics of a Citharischius crawshayi I have setup in a fancy spaghetti container I salvaged from somewhere or other. ITs about 3/4' the height of a vertical 10 gallon.

-V

Attachments

Vayu Son

Old Timer
Kings pad II

The burrow is as close as possible to be vertical, despite the 'S' shape of it. The spider presses its legs against a side and scoots up the other end.

-V

Attachments

Vayu Son

Old Timer
Kings pad III

Just a full view of the S. Pretty awesome.. it had a very large lair the full width of the container down there. Dont know where all that displaced substrate went. Also, if you look about halfway up you can see the white outline of the water dish that it continually uses for construction.

-V

Attachments

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's pretty sweet. I have my Avic. Versi in a rubbermaid, on of the newer, more expensive, pure clear containers. It's great for arboreals. Anyhow, it took her awhile but she eventually got a nice tube in her half-branch against the glass where I couldn't see. :mad:

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by nocturnalpulsem

There a common name,
"Schmidt's Vietnam Vogelspinne" =;-)

...sorry, but I prefer the scientific names. With them everyone worldwide knows what you are talking about. Common names are only "regional" used. Even some dealers have their own common names created – and dealers use always "big" or "giant" in their common names *lol*.

or is it some weird, exotic T I'll never see for sale anywhere?
They are not really common, but offered from time to time and there area already some CB spiderlings.

That's a damn nice species. Is it as big as it looks?
yup, and it even gets a little bit bigger! =:)

here you'll find some more photos: >>click me<<, >>click me<<,

Cheers,
Martin

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Martin H.
"Schmidt's Vietnam Vogelspinne" =;-)

Great....a Deutsch common name. What next? LoL
I did search the web and found some of those pics. I want, I want, I want! :) Do they stick to the Haplopelma Decree of "Stay the F*ck away from me!" ? LoL I had a chance to get a Cobalt Blue, but declined, as I just started keeping again after a long, long break. I wouldn't want to lose a finger if I made a mistake. ;)

N.

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Here's my seemanni. I finally got around to taking pics. pretty modest right now, but I'm hoping to redecorate around July.

N.

Attachments

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Isn't H. schmidti called "Chinese golden Earthtiger" or something to that effect?

Bill

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula Lover

Correct!
any common name would be "correct" because they are just common names! =;-)

...I prefer the scientific names. So anybody worldwide(!!) knows what I am talking about! =:)

Cheers,
Martin