Arachnoknight
I currently have

P. irminia
P. pulchre
P. cambridgei
Y. diversipes
C. versicolor
L. nigerimmum.

I am looking for a visible arboreal (no avics)

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Usually P. cam is considered a visible arboreal when they get some size, but a lot of the times its specimen specific, not species specific. Some want to hide and some will allow you to see them in all their glory during daylight hours.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Try Tapinaucheus species...
They like to hide too, but when they are outside it is very satisfying! I don't know anyone who doesn't enjoy these pieces of jewelry!

Sterls

Arachnobaron
My Poecilotheria regalis is always out and visible. Dunno how typical that is though.

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
These arent visible? They have been extremely visible for me. What size are yours that could be a factor.
I wasn't implying that they are visible, just that's what I do have.
I guess I'm asking what are the most visible arboreals out there for a next one (other than avics).

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
Viper mentioned in one of my threads that P. subfusca "lowland" was the calmest of the Pokies.

Unfortunately, these are very hard to find in the UK and the European vendors no longer ship to UK post brexit.

What's the smallest species of Pokie?

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I read that breeding is very difficult and that the actual habitat of the species almost no longer exists, so that extinction cannot be ruled out. Try to order them in Poland if you can from Britain. They are sometimes offered there...

Iamconstantlyhappy

Arachnoknight
I read that breeding is very difficult and that the actual habitat of the species almost no longer exists, so that extinction cannot be ruled out. Try to order them in Poland if you can from Britain. They are sometimes offered there...
Found a supplier that I used in the past, but sadly doesn't ship to UK post brexit anyomore .

Dammit!

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
My C Versicolor's Bark is on an angle so she is visible from the side almost all the time. My Avicularia is typically in her hammock above her Bark and visible most of the time. My P Rufilata comes out from behind her bark infrequently, but she does show herself. My P Regalis (about 4-5" DLS) is a pet hole, I hope it changes as she matures

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
If Caribena versicolor is not a visible arboreal tarantula, I really do not know what else.

487EAAE5-9AF2-46AC-A9DE-08C72063683F.jpeg

3CC36FDF-D5F5-4EDA-ADF4-06A55F41F77A.jpeg

5C80568E-7074-487F-87F2-807DBF66156F.jpeg

A955393C-FB10-43FA-85BD-AEBB872E3C1E.jpeg

3D439383-D18A-4434-8442-E9054D432731.jpeg

basin79

ArachnoGod
It's a roll of the dice. For every "mine's always out" there's 10 "pretty much never see mine".

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Try to order them in Poland if you can from Britain. They are sometimes offered there...
You can't anymore because of Brexit, a bunch of mainland European sellers have already said they won't ship to the UK due to the extra costs/delays/paperwork involved. We told Brextremists this would happen but it was dismissed as "project fear".

Last edited:

LadyVonChimp

Arachnosquire
I know you said no avics, but avics. 😂

Also, my P. irminia is out every night like clockwork as soon as the lights go out. A Pokie may be a great option though!