Viridasius sp.Sylvestrifsum questions

Crocodylidae

Arachnosquire
Hello!
So I may be going to an expo soon and there will be Phidippus regius that I'm probably going to adopt but there will also be Viridasius sp.Sylvestrifsum (young ones, probably). The only problem with this species is that I can't find much info on it, or when I do, it's under the name of Viridasius fasciatus, some people say it's not the same species, some people do, so I'm confused whether or not I should look info under the fasciatus name or not.

I also was wondering, is Viridasius sp.Sylvestrifsum harmless? Like, can this species bite, and when it does, does it hurt or it's not big deal? I don't plan on handling it but just in case. I also wonder if it this a species who have some skills in escaping (for example, if I have to open the terrarium to mist the enclosure or feed the spider, could this just run out of it?) and if so what would be the best terrarium - A Exoterra, plastic box, basic terrarium, aquarium? Like I said I think the one who is going to be at the expo will be small.
My terrarium ideas for this species would be a tall Exoterra, pieces of cork, fiber coco and a few leaves (fake or real plants, I'm still thinking of it).

And if I do take this one, I'm afraid I'll kill it, I mostly buy insects and the only spiders I ever ever had were tegenaria (so, just house spiders) or Thomisidae one day, and while I took good care of the adults and they lived (I released them in my garden in summer though) just fine, whenever I tried taking care of young spiders (like two/three times?) (again tegenaria, sometimes I would spot a baby tegenaria and so that my cats won't kill it I would put in a terrarium and feed it, or when the baby was already harmed and I was trying to save it), but every time they died even if I was taking care of them just as I do with the adults, which means: terrarium, hides etc, occasional misting, feeding flies). I don't know if I'm just bad at it, but I feel like baby spiders are so fragile and much more than insects so I'm also afraid I would get a young Viridasius and just end up having it dead. So I was wondering if anyone know how fragile this species is (I'm asking myself the same question about Phidippus), or if I'm just really bad at it. Sorry if it makes me sound like a bad owner.

(Edit: The seller said that the Viridasius was at stade 3/4)​

Last edited:

NYAN

Arachnoking
It’s the same species as Viridasius fasciatus. There aren’t any other known Viridasius species.

I also was wondering, is Viridasius sp.Sylvestrifsum harmless?​
Yes, most likely.

I also wonder if it this a species who have some skills in escaping​
They are some of the fastest spiders in the hobby. They can bolt and get lost very easily if you don’t know what you are doing.

what would be the best terrarium - A Exoterra, plastic box, basic terrarium, aquarium?​

No. Your spider will be impossible to find and will not be able to feed very easily like that. Give it a plastic vial and rehouse it as it grows.

Crocodylidae

Arachnosquire
Oh okay, thanks, I will search under that name then!

Like, would it randomly bite (even if the bite is not dangerous) or just when feeling attacked?
The fast thing is pretty bad because I'm sharing the piece I will put the spider in with someone who doesn't like spiders so if the spider decides to get lost this is gonna be problematic..What would be the best way to have her calm? For example, if I have to change her of her enclosure, or go mist the enclosure/give her food?

I saw people doing this kind of enclosure; not mine.jpg so this is why I thought an Exoterra would work.
A plastic vial would maybe be too small after seeing pictures of the spider I think but I will think of a small plastic thing, I will try to find something tall. How do you do to switch enclosure without having her bolt?

NYAN

Arachnoking
Like, would it randomly bite
No.

The fast thing is pretty bad because I'm sharing the piece I will put the spider in with someone who doesn't like spiders so if the spider decides to get lost this is gonna be problematic..What would be the best way to have her calm? For example, if I have to change her of her enclosure, or go mist the enclosure/give her food?
Don’t spray the spider directly, plan rehouses out and execute them professionally, and give the spider places to hide so it doesn’t feel the need to bold. You can also do any maintenance by using a basin or in a bathtub.

I saw people doing this kind of enclosure; View attachment 333518 so this is why I thought an Exoterra would work.
That is fine for an adult, not a sling or juvenile.

Crocodylidae

Arachnosquire
Thank you!
I can't do it in a bathtub but I have a big empty terrarium, if I have to move her in another enclosure I will do it in this empty terrarium just in case, is this alright or still risky?

Also, is this species considered a easy species for beginner or a hard one?

For the enclosure, I saw a thread here: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/viridasius-fasciatus-care-tips.298793/
And this enclosure looks pretty good to me, would it be fine instead of the big one?