Vipers out for a stroll

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Today it was actually a warm day so I took my Vipers out for a little walk in the yard. They have been cooling off all Winter and I hope it keeps warm so I can start feeding them again

Crotalus horridus (Timber Rattlesnake)

Agkristrodon contortrix phaeogastor (Osage Copperhead)

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I also have a Crotalus atrox (Western Diamondback) and a Corn, Pine and Hognose snake. I plan to expand into some Bothrops spp in the not so distant future ;)

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
What no leash? Better question would be, what don't you have Brian?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That is surely impressive. Very nice Brian. I hope to own some venomous snakes at some point in my life. What would you recommend as a first HOT? I'm years and years away from owning one though, just thought I'd get an early Idea.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks you all

That is surely impressive. Very nice Brian. I hope to own some venomous snakes at some point in my life. What would you recommend as a first HOT? I'm years and years away from owning one though, just thought I'd get an early Idea.
Honestly, IMO there is no good "1st hot". I believe it is better to find one you are particularly interested in and do the neccessary research and training to keep it. Many claim a Copper is a good first hot but really there isnt any. I personally steer clear from Elapids mostly because I have never dealt with any. I have a thing for Vipers but thats just me

What no leash? Better question would be, what don't you have Brian?
Well.....I dont have a P metallica ;)