Vintage macro lens and using Nikon lenses with Sony A6000?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I’m thinking about buying a 105mm vintage macro. I’d also get a k&f Minolta MD MC Lenses to Sony E Mount Camera Adapter to go with it. Are there any huge downsides to using vintage lenses? I know that it’ll be manual and I’m fine with that. Also the Tokina 100mm F/2.8 Macro AT-X Pro D AF lens for Nikon has caught me eye. Would I just need a Nikon F Lenses to Sony E Mount Camera Adapter if I’m not looking to use the AF of it?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Just a suggestion: ask an expert, lenses in hand. We went for a year and a half taking thousands of pictures and quite happy with the results. The camera worked just fine. Then by chance an expert took a look, just a glance at that camera and pointed out we had been scammed. It was a factory second sold at top retail price, the switch wasn't working correctly and there was an obvious (to him) large flaw on the lens.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I've got some pretty old Minolta lenses that I use on my Sony - since most people don't know that they can be used on Sony cameras and think that they're worthless - and they work just fine. But that is the same manufacturer. I might be a bit concerned about how likely the adapter would work with older lenses.
The best thing to do is to have all your adapters with you and try them out. I always bring my camera to buy lenses if they're used and not the same make as my body.