Vinegaroon ?`s

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Do they glow under black lights?
And Has anybody else seen them eat?
Can anyone tell me what there like as pets and any interesting fact would be Great to know!!

Thanx again and again,.......
Mat

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They do not glow under blacklights.

They seem to be very seasonal in their eating habits. During the winter, mine eat very little, if at all. Most of this time they're sealed in their burrows anyway. When they finnally come out, however, they're voracious and will devour anything they can catch and overpower.

They make excellent captives that don't seem to mind the occasional handling. They do not have any venom, only the ability to spray an acidic vapor that smells of vinegar. Most usually get over this habit in captivity. They are not as long lived as tarantulas, however, and adults typically live 3-5 years after maturing.

I keep them on a mix of sand, peat and sometimes vermiculite, 2-3" thick (deep enough to form a permanant burrow). I keep the substrate slightly moist on the bottom, but let it dry out on top. They also always have a shallow water dish.

Wade

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great Thanx for the info!!
I`m considering getting a couple very soon, I found some one who has some offspring(good price). I hear there not communal?Does that go for male and female also???
thanx mat

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no they can't be kept together.

If you put a male and a female together for anything but breeding they will eventually kill each other. Usually it doesnt take very long for them to do so.

Phil