Vinegaroon hibernation

MiaPow

Arachnosquire
Do Vinegaroons hibernate but still explore the enclosure? Is their hibernation all or nothing or will they still roam and explore around a little bit. All four juvenile Vinegaroons seemed to have expressed an interest in hibernation but I still see them poking out of the holes every now an again, none of them have been interested in any food for a some time, (over a month,) they used to all eat at least once a week.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Do Vinegaroons hibernate but still explore the enclosure? Is their hibernation all or nothing or will they still roam and explore around a little bit. All four juvenile Vinegaroons seemed to have expressed an interest in hibernation but I still see them poking out of the holes every now an again, none of them have been interested in any food for a some time, (over a month,) they used to all eat at least once a week.
Mine digs down and completely seals herself off. Fills the tunnel in and that's here for months.

MiaPow

Arachnosquire
That’s what I figured but they haven’t sealed up the multiple entrances yet. They aren’t out as often as before, even at night time. Did yours seal up yet?

hecklad

Arachnosquire
I might be getting some soon (the florida species), is hibernation a necessary thing or impact longevity? And if so, what temperatures will result in hibernation?

basin79

ArachnoGod
That’s what I figured but they haven’t sealed up the multiple entrances yet. They aren’t out as often as before, even at night time. Did yours seal up yet?
No. My lass disappeared late last year and surfaced in June. She'll not be digging down yet. She might well skip this year to bulk back up.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No. My lass disappeared late last year and surfaced in June. She'll not be digging down yet. She might well skip this year to bulk back up.
Mine skip hibernation some years, inuaven’t quite figured that out yet.

MiaPow

Arachnosquire
Sometimes wetting the substrate to allow them to burrow helps.
I still spray each enclosure and provide a water source for humidity and drinking. All my Vinegaroons have built multiple burrows a while ago. They do spend much more time then usual in the burrows since it has gotten colder but I still catch them from time to time exploring. I was expecting them to seal off the entrances and hunker down by now.