Vinegaroon Habits

Tidae

Arachnopeon
So I got a whip scorpion recently and really have little experience in her habits/care.The shopkeeper guy said that she's a year old, but I know that they can be wrong. She dug a deep burrow to the bottom, which I expected, but then completely covered the entrance to her burrow with a couple inches dirt. Is this normal? I know they molt/hibernate for a long time underground but it should be too late in the year for that behavior. However, due to my wonky AC, it has been a bit colder in the room at night. Additionally, the store had barely any substrate in her enclosure and I know they like to have little "molting chambers". Is she molting late due to her previous sub par care and current lower tempts? Do I need to be concerned about her oxygen levels? She was very active at first and ate several crickets if that helps any. 20200323_125207.jpg

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
I don't think you have anything to worry about, especially if it's a smaller specimen. Also, mine usually emerge around April to June, sometimes later, so yours still has a while to go. Don't freak out if they don't emerge or if it stays down for a while, they're built like tanks and can faster for very long periods of time.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I got my vinagaroon in April last year, it didn't eat and buried itself 3 days later. It emerged at the end July and had molted. It ate 5 times and then buried up at the beginning of September. It just emerged middle of this month and has eaten twice so far. So yeah they are pet boxes of dirt, lol.