Vinegaroon breeding and hybridization

Sophiahuling

Arachnopeon
I have a female vinegaroon that I want to breed, but since I’m not 100% sure of her species I wanted to know if it’s okay to cross breed her with a male of another species? Does anyone have experience breeding vinegaroons?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
It’s a no no to hybridize in any hobby as far as I’m concerned. If you’re going to do it, and have zero intent to sell, distribute, or give them away to others who Plan to keep them just for the sake of collection with no reproduction, then I would say you’re fine. There are species of T’s I would love to cross breed just to see the outcome. But I understand the risk outweighs the reward if I were to ever trust others with them. Don’t want to muddy the gene pool for collectors, if you catch my drift.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Don't hybridise. There's ZERO need to. Even if you everything went to plan and YOU kept them all or only gave/sold them to others that knew they were "just" pets you don't know what's around the corner.

Worse case scenarios. Deaths = pets sold. Sellers don't know what there is. They weren't their's. Well that looks like.............

Hardship = pet sold. Can't remember exactly what they are.

Suddenly there's 1, 3, 10 out there. They're bred. Suddenly your little experiment has polluted the breed.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
After the new revisions with mastigoproctus, I’d only breed IF you know the specific locale for them. The only absolute sp I’d breed are mastigoproctus floridanus because they obviously come from florida. Other than that I wouldn’t breed any unknown or unconfirmed individuals. There’s a better paper in the works right now but it’s gonna be a long time till that comes out so I’d just skip it for now.