Vietnamese Centipede Burrowing

Colby1100

Arachnopeon
Well, look at that black & somewhat gelato "orange flakes" colour mixed together. Aren't those amazing? :-s

I have one and i'm happy, even if he/she is able to scare the s-word out of me sometimes. As i've said, IMO 'Baboons' Theraphosidae are 'Brachy', in comparison.

What exact species is that in the video? Gorgeous centipede. Its a beast! Ive been trying to find one like that for a while now but have had absolutely zero luck.

Colby1100

Arachnopeon
I don't mean to sound rude with this, but if it's a pet hole, why do people want to own a Vietnamese centipede?
Personally I have known a good amount of people that have owned them and theirs didnt burrow too often. I read up on them too. Guess it sometimes depends on the individual

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Scolopendra dehaani was once considered a subspecies of Scolopendra subspinipes, along with S. mutilans, S. japonica, S. dawydoffi and a couple others. A taxonomic revision (about six years ago iirc) showed them to all be separate species. However, even to this day, S. dehaani in particular is often sold as S. subspinipes. You can easily tell the difference between the two. S. dehaani lacks spikes on the ventral surface of its terminal legs, which S. subspinipes possesses. They also tend to be significantly larger and bulkier than S. subspinipes - while that species typically reaches 150mm body-length, S. dehaani frequently exceeds 200mm, with the biggest recorded specimen at 320mm.

Scorpio420

Arachnosquire
Idk if I should really post this here, but I can't post on the Watering Hole. My dad won't let me get another pet bug because he doesn't want to have to pay for its food and terrarium. We're not short on money by any means, by the way. However, he let my brother get a betta a while ago even though he never took care of anything his entire life. He also says that the presence of an invert in my room will make it smell bad, even though I explained to him that a foul odor means the substrate should be cleaned. Before now, my dad made me keep my scorpion outside for more than a year. I had to sneak it back into my room at night, and there hasn't been a foul odor in here because of it. Any advice on convincing him to let me get another pet is appreciated.
Make a budget plan. impress your dad by writing a well thought out essay. If he sees you were willing to make all this effort, he will take it more seriously.

List everything you need and link to where you can get it, and make a total cost. Also add yearly cost. For example:

Bin: $5 - insert the link here
substrate: $10 - insert link here
Pede: $40 - insert link here

And then yearly costs:

2 crickets per week. each cricket is 10c. Yearly costs are 20c times 52 = 1040 cents, which is $100 per year.

This is just an example, I'm definitely not saying each pede has $100 yearly maintenance.

Hope this helps.