Video on C.Suffusus

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In Durango Mexico C.Suffusus are used as decoration on clocks, keychains, ashtrays, and many more. This is a video showing a store where they sell many items with them, then they go to capture some. They say 10 years ago they could find up to a thousand in a day, but now since there is a lot of people usually around 300. They say the bigger ones they find are up to 10 cm and that the vinigaroon is the main predator. They say they can last many days without food or water (up to 368) And don't need oxygen since they use one lung:?
But what amazes me most is that the guys who capture them sell them for 1 peso each! That's just around 10 cents.
Anyways, here it is.

[YOUTUBE]TovzJ3GPjdg[/YOUTUBE]

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That video just pissed me off!!! All those awesome Cents and diplos dieing for stupid <edit> reasons!!!!

<edit>

Last edited by a moderator:

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When I go I'll get some for you Drapion.
But that's not till the end of the year or next summer.
I'm Aztek the one who bought the C.vitattus from you.:eek:

But ey, It's not just us, I've seen in China they have bucket fulls of them.
Although they're for food, so that's a little more justifiable.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
<edit>

@Aztek thanks for the Vid bro, hope to meet up next year we'll bring back some soveiners for fellow arachnoboardians huh?

Last edited:

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
0:48 - 0:27

it would look good if those hunters are inside those jars and bins...

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Now I know how Hindus feel when we slaughter cows to make a tasty burger {D

also who do you think buys more of those? the locals or the tourists... just something to think about before we go off judging each other :)

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Why would the locals buy anything when they can just find them in their house?:?

Jk
Well not really, but not rude.
You find them everywhere over there.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
it is indeed the tourist but lets face it Durango isn't a big tourist spot. The scorps are indeed the only thing that brings people in.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
actually last time I went one of they guys a a 10 gallon tank overflowing with them. He offered to give me 5 and sell me more for a peso. ten cents.

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
this sucks, at least chian breed these to eat... these buys r basically cathing them to make soveniers! and they make them kill each oither!!!! AR!!!!!!!!!

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah they do. There so many and they have killed in the past before they devoloped a anti-venom. SO there worste than roaches, theyre killer roaches ;). But you can't blame these guys for doing this it does bring in tourism and helps make money to a poor state. I do feel bad about the scorps but is it really as bad as me trying to go around my house killing all the roaches that live here? cus I do.

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
whoever goes there should bring a bunch back and start breeding them like a madman...

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
me and aztek already planned it out. They are actually my most wanted species.