Video of my Pyxie Frog eating

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey everyone,
I thought I'd share a video of my buddy Goomba eating some fuzzy mice. And before anyone flaps their gums, this is a very occasional type of meal, I don't always gorge him like this. His diet is usually much more diverse with a staple of crickets (which he's getting to big for, hahah).

Hope you guys enjoy, this fatty can eat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-1wCg52rwA

eelnoob

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
awesome video, love the part where you have to turn it around{D

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Haha, yea, I knew if I didn't intervene he would have continued to attack his shadow.
I noticed some of your pyxie frog pics in another thread, I must say, I wish I could have a few more, but these guys are quite the mouths to feed. They make my ceratophrys seem anorexic.

daniel s.

Arachnopeon
*impressed*

OMG can frogs just explode from eating too much? I sure hope not............6 fuzzies at once is a LOT of food for a frog that size man.

Cool pixie frog nonetheless!:cool:

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, as I said, this is by no means a regular type of feeding. The main reason I'd even consider this is due to the fact that its an occasional treat, as well as the fact that summers coming up and my apartment temperatures have been in the 80+s. I mean hell, my dormant ceratophrys is actually alert and eating, haha. He usually digests a decent sized batch of crickets or a few fuzzys within 8 or so days. So I'm projecting a decent size increase soon if he infact is a male.