Video of my pet earwigs progress.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Cool, too bad earwigs aren't a little bigger. There's a pretty big one in the southeast US though.

Xenodamus

Arachnopeon
Awesome vid! Those are much bigger than the ones I see here in the SE U.S.

shutout2000

Arachnoknight
Yeah they are pretty big. They would be even more awesome if they were larger. ;)

flatwormlover11

Arachnopeon

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
You know, I never really thought about Dermaptera all that much as pets. Typically they tend to be a bit annoying as they congregate underneath my plant pots and they do have a rather annoying smell if you disturb them but I guess they are pretty cool nevertheless. Those hind pincers are pretty gnarly.

I might try my hand at keeping some when the weather warms up.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
You know I had some I collected around my house for feeders for my frogs they weren't there favorite I didn't ever think of them as a pet but I might give it a try when it warms up

shutout2000

Arachnoknight
More updates on the earwigs. I will just post the videos so you guys don't have to follow links.

Eclipse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I see them around every now and again during humid summer nights here in Texas. The ones I seen here are quite large compared to the ones I used to see in California. As Jerry said, I usually use them as feeders whenever I see one and never once considered them as pets. I didn't know they can live in colonies. I'd like to give them a try this season, keep us updated please! :happy:

shutout2000

Arachnoknight
I see them around every now and again during humid summer nights here in Texas. The ones I seen here are quite large compared to the ones I used to see in California. As Jerry said, I usually use them as feeders whenever I see one and never once considered them as pets. I didn't know they can live in colonies. I'd like to give them a try this season, keep us updated please! :happy:
I use them for feed as well. They reproduce very quickly so i am able to. Also they can be kept in colonies like this if they are well fed. Otherwise if they get hungry they will eat each other. If the females didn't go off on their own to lay eggs and raise the nymphs the other adults eat would eat the eggs or nymphs if they get the chance to as well.