Video: Enclosure Idea Tutorial

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I got this idea from www.ball-pythons.net
This tutorial is on blackening the sides of glass aquarium / vivarium setups. Just because it comes from the herping world does not lessen its value in other applications. Cheap, easy, and attractive for ANY enclosure or setup you may have.

The simple theory is:
1) Provide your animal with a sense of security
2) Hold in a bit of heat
3) Add decorative value to your setups

Enjoy, and as always......
Thanks for Watching!!!!

[YOUTUBE]0dIXo7B9oCI[/YOUTUBE]

Just in case the video player isn't working....
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dIXo7B9oCI

Last edited:

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got this idea from www.ball-pythons.net
This tutorial is on blackening the sides of glass aquarium / vivarium setups. Just because it comes from the herping world does not lessen its value in other applications. Cheap, easy, and attractive for ANY enclosure or setup you may have.

The simple theory is:
1) Provide your animal with a sense of security
2) Hold in a bit of heat
3) Add decorative value to your setups

Enjoy, and as always......
Thanks for Watching!!!!

[YOUTUBE]0dIXo7B9oCI[/YOUTUBE]

Just in case the video player isn't working....
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dIXo7B9oCI
There that should fix it!

Arthropod

Arachnopeon
Well uh I think that uh my terrariums uh should uh be bright uh but with uh a hiding spot uh for them uh that way uh its easy to see them uh and it provides uh comfort ;P

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well uh I think that uh my terrariums uh should uh be bright uh but with uh a hiding spot uh for them uh that way uh its easy to see them uh and it provides uh comfort ;P
Wow, you are funny!!!! Can I be just like you when I grow up??? LOL!!!! :p

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for sharing Steve.. I atually like that idea. Might have to give it a go on all my tank enclosures.. :D

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks for sharing Steve.. I atually like that idea. Might have to give it a go on all my tank enclosures.. :D
Thanks Tommy!!! All my tanks are going to get this treatment.....I think it looks spectacular!!! Look for a new update on my critter room once I get it finished....

jt39565

Arachnoknight
I had that idea too. except I have been using the backdrops for fish aquariums from Petsmart. Its beter than the cardstock, one piece, cheap and you can get different colrs to darken or help lighten your tank, I try to darken them.

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ill be waiting.. Going to be done in a timely manner this time? :p {D
Yes, Tommy....I don't have to rearrange the reptiles this time, LOL!!!

I had that idea too. except I have been using the backdrops for fish aquariums from Petsmart. Its beter than the cardstock, one piece, cheap and you can get different colrs to darken or help lighten your tank, I try to darken them.
Nice!!! I thought of doing that, but went with the construction paper. This is actually cheaper than aquarium backdrops. It cost $5 for 25 sheets of 12 x 12 black construction paper, and I did 6 enclosures with that.

MS6582

Arachnopeon
you can also use acrylic paint and roll it on with a sponge roller made for smooth surfaces or they sell fish tank back grounds for really cheap that are solid blue or black plus it would be one piece since they sell them at various heights and legths. Just a couple more ideas for those looking to do this.

EDIT*** Oops saw someone already suggested the back drop idea. sorry :(

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
you can also use acrylic paint and roll it on with a sponge roller made for smooth surfaces or they sell fish tank back grounds for really cheap that are solid blue or black plus it would be one piece since they sell them at various heights and legths. Just a couple more ideas for those looking to do this.

EDIT*** Oops saw someone already suggested the back drop idea. sorry :(
Yeah, but I am not too anxious to put paint on tanks with living specimens already in them, lol!!! Besides, I really don't want to ruin the tank if I ever needed to sell it off.....like if I ever get the chance to upgrade my snakes to Vision cages, or a melamine rack system for breeding.