[VIDEO] Centipede feeding time!

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Here's my second feeding video. Let me know if you think it's an improvement over the last! Yes, I am well aware that one of my tiger rubripes has a severe mite infestation - I intend to starve the mites by giving the pede food small enough for it to eat it without any leftovers.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
It looks like what you have are grain mites, and I just had a bit of a run in with them too, although not with my pede. I had a few on my T and what I ended up doing was just drying out the enclosure for a week or two and they eventually died off. They aren't predatory so they won't do your pede any harm but they are a nuisance. Another thing you could do to try and thin out their numbers while waiting for them to starve is drop in a piece of fruit then remove it after a few hours and throw it away. The adult mites will swarm the fruit fairly quickly, especially if it's their only food source. Other than that, It's a nice video!

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Alright, I'll take that into account.
Anyway, thanks! Do you think that it was an improvement from my previous feeding video?

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
No matter what you do there'll always be leftover fluids and pieces of prey for the mites to eat. I'd starve them out by fattening up Azog and then not feeding it for a while, Azog can probably last way longer without food than the mites.

As for improvement I really liked it, good focus on the pedes

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Thanks for the advice. By the way, that wasn't Azog, it was one of my two other tigers.

Anyway, glad you liked the vid! I tried my best to capture the colours on the Kuranda, but nothing would work.
Also, what did you think of the quality? I know it isn't crisp, but is the film still clear?

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
Thanks for the advice. By the way, that wasn't Azog, it was one of my two other tigers.

Anyway, glad you liked the vid! I tried my best to capture the colours on the Kuranda, but nothing would work.
Also, what did you think of the quality? I know it isn't crisp, but is the film still clear?
Oh right, Azog wasn't eating. Sorry bout that. Quality was good, at least for me it was. You've got a light in the room right? That always helps with bringing out colour on animals

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Yeah, I've got a light. The problem is, the Kurandas only show their full colours under natural light, not the bright light I was shining on my pedes during the video. The white light does great for the colours of my other pedes, just not the Kurandas. Hopefully I can show them off fully with a handling video in the future.

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
Yeah, I've got a light. The problem is, the Kurandas only show their full colours under natural light, not the bright light I was shining on my pedes during the video. The white light does great for the colours of my other pedes, just not the Kurandas. Hopefully I can show them off fully with a handling video in the future.
Natural light tends to make my pedes run and hide quicker than yellow lights or even a bright white light from my phone, though my rubripes did try attack my phone light when I was trying to film it rather than running and hiding like I expected. Makes it a bit of a challenge to film them

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
My Kurandas are scared of any light (well, the molted one is - I've already noticed some change in the other one). On the other hand, Azog, Gothmog, and my juvenile green rubripes don't care about light of any kind, natural or unnatural. My two other tigers and green are somewhere in the middle, and my scorpions are never visible during the day.
On the topic of the Kurandas, I just handled one of mine again. It isn't bitey, but it's the fastest and jumpiest pede I've kept. My hands can barely keep track of its movements. Hopefully, it starts calming down soon.