Video addressing the "bug fights" on the internet

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
I've disliked these videos ever since I first saw them, but I've never seen anyone discussing them. So I figured I'd give it a go myself.

Scorpiobsession

Arachnobaron
You could always try reporting them, if enough people report a video then it will likely be shut down. Disliking it only puts it higher in the algorithm because it has controversy. Comments that mention why it's cruel and unethical might discourage the person from making more videos (if 3 out of 4 comments are people disliking the video then they might just abandon the idea). And as always the less views the better which is why I don't think they should be shared.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
You could always try reporting them, if enough people report a video then it will likely be shut down. Disliking it only puts it higher in the algorithm because it has controversy. Comments that mention why it's cruel and unethical might discourage the person from making more videos (if 3 out of 4 comments are people disliking the video then they might just abandon the idea). And as always the less views the better which is why I don't think they should be shared.
Amen, I've seen these bullsh_t videos too. Never entertained them whatsoever, but unfortunately lots of people do.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
This video was mainly more about why they serve no purpose, addressing the whole "it's educational" thing people say in their defence.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Amen, I've seen these bullsh_t videos too. Never entertained them whatsoever, but unfortunately lots of people do.
Throwing 2 extremely stressed animals together into a tiny confined space to fight each other is messed up, I agree. It's not even like an animal is being fed. They're being poked, prodded, and forced to defend themselves for no reason other than entertainment. It's sad that some people don't see "lower" animals as living creatures.

thedragonslapper

Arachnosquire
These vids are disgusting, probably manufactured by psychotic teenagers and they paint a negative picture of exotic pet owners.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Comments that mention why it's cruel and unethical might discourage the person from making more videos (if 3 out of 4 comments are people disliking the video then they might just abandon the idea).
I doubt it'd stop them tbh, even negative comments are still engagement that pushes the vid higher up in the algorithm.

Best thing you can do is report them for animal abuse.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Throwing 2 extremely stressed animals together into a tiny confined space to fight each other is messed up, I agree. It's not even like an animal is being fed. They're being poked, prodded, and forced to defend themselves for no reason other than entertainment. It's sad that some people don't see "lower" animals as living creatures.
We are the " lower animals " !!

Nicole C G

Arachnoangel
They aren’t very nice. I found myself recommended some and decided to watch some, it was very sad. Only kind of live animal vs live animal thing I agree with is feeding.