vid, fishing for pede

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
we've fished 'em WC a few times... sometimes when they are in a hole you can get them to grab your fingers with their terminals and catch them that way. of course, i probably wouldn't want to do that with anything other than the relatively wimpy CA pedes. a full heros bite is probably not worth it for using the method =P

is that your youtube channel, gala?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya, dats me Youtube. I'm insane enough that I thought of sticking some hissers in a blender, straining out a clear juice, putting it in a spray bottle, dropping it in a cooler and head out to the desert, Spray a mist in cracks to see if it gets any to come out. I'm not that desperate though, at one time I think I was lol.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Ya, dats me Youtube. I'm insane enough that I thought of sticking some hissers in a blender, straining out a clear juice, putting it in a spray bottle, dropping it in a cooler and head out to the desert, Spray a mist in cracks to see if it gets any to come out. I'm not that desperate though, at one time I think I was lol.
Stifling my gag reflex. If we ever get the chance to talk shop over drinks, it won't be at your house;)

Actually, your "Roacherade" might be great for indoor plants!

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
we talk about attaching crickets to string and using them to fish out bugs from burrows when we are hunting

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Galapo, Nice vid! :clap: I spilled my water when the pede jumped out :wall:.

we talk about attaching crickets to string and using them to fish out bugs from burrows when we are hunting
This is the usual method of fishing for A hentzi in burrows here. Joey (Possumburg) and I tried it the other day in 20+ burrows at one of the largest area colonies I know of- without a single taker. If they're in the mood they'll hit like a 5 lb bass. The annual fall emergence of mm's should be any day now. I'm guessing most members of that colony were in premolt at the time. We're also planning on sniffing out a few colonies soon near Tommy's neckothewoods. It's likely we'll chance on a few mm's out for a stroll as well. Hoping so, anyway. M. giganteus has also been reported for our general area and would be a nice addition to the list in a day afield. To date, they're reveling yet in their phantom status. {D Cheers,

Terry

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice pede.
Every asian pede I mess with while they are eating just runs for it and swings their heads crazy.
But it's the only times I've ever handled them. {D

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
we occasionally use MM's to "sniff" burrows to see if anyone is home. but you always risk losing the MM to attack or just plain running down the whole

i am reading a book about bugs that is giving me all sorts of (probably impractical) ideas :)