Vials for Slings

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
I'm preparing for a breeding project and of course I am eventually going to need vials for more than 300 slings. Where can I get these and how many drams would be best?

Edit:
This is what I found. http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin69a.html
Where do you buy your vials?

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Best place is Thorton Plastics. They have multiple sizes, and sell wholesale in large or small lots.

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
I think you mean Thornton plastics. I checked there and the lowest amount they sell is 1300 vials.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I'm preparing for a breeding project and of course I am eventually going to need vials for more than 300 slings. Where can I get these and how many drams would be best?

Edit:
This is what I found. http://www.sks-bottle.com/340c/fin69a.html
Where do you buy your vials?
If you want to go the cheaper route, you can find a local restaurant supply store (or order online from a variety of places if you can't find one) and buy plastic portion cups. Much cheaper than vials and a lot easier to poke holes in, IMO.
If you got a friend (or a friend of a friend) in the restaurant biz, just mooch a sleeve of them. That's what I do!

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
Great idea! My friend actually works at a restaurant. I just asked him if he could get me a few hundred and unfortunately he said no. I wonder why?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Great idea! My friend actually works at a restaurant. I just asked him if he could get me a few hundred and unfortunately he said no. I wonder why?
If you wanted them for free, no wonder. If you offered to pay, with a small markup, they should do it. I have a local sandwich shop here in Florida, where I'm a regular customer, that sold me two cases of souffle cups (1 and 3 oz) at their cost. Any place you eat at regularly is fair game. Ask around.

EightLeggedFreaks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I call up shoppers drug mart or london drugs, and order what I need. I can usually pick em up within 3 days. I don't have to pay for shipping that way!

Akai

Arachnobaron
they sell portion cups at Walmart too in paper goods...you know where they have paper towels, plastic forks stuff like that. I lthink you get one's with 150 in a sleeve or something.

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer

prairiepanda

Arachnoknight
I get vials from Bioquip. I only get a couple dozen at a time, but there's discounts for bulk orders and there's no minimum. Wide variety of vial types and sizes. I get 5 dram plastic vials for $1.95 per dozen. I think there's cheaper ones too, but those are easy to put holes in. I think the vials slings are usually shipped in are 9 or 12 drams, but I could be wrong. Breeders may keep them in larger vials before shipping, though, I'm not sure.