Vesi

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just got a vesi color SLING . I had no idea these guys were so fast . How do I open the container he/she is in to drop crickets in without the guy escaping? thanx

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Give him some time to make him feel at home. Like give him some place to hide. He is probably just stressed now, and wants to get out as soon as he gets the change...

Dennis

SoCalKyle

Arachnopeon
Well without knowing the exact setup, i would wait and see if she moves first. If not then try sliding the lid open and quickly throwing the cricket in. Trust me you wont hurt the cricket.

Good luck;P

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Give him a few twigs, wait for him to build his tube web and then you can safely put crickets in with him :) It worked with my little versi.

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just have him/her in a 32 oz deli container with some fake leaves and some spag moss thats damp. I did give her a cricket when I got her , and I no longer see the cricket so I think its eating.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've found Avicularias to be easy to deal with, unlike Poecilotheria and Psalmopoeus that are lightning fast.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
The three Avicularia I've handled (one a versicolor) all move lightning fast in the cage, but seem to slow down quite a bit when being handled, and take a more 'let me check this place out' type of additude. I wouldn't worry too much about moving one, I got a little paranoid with my first one being so small and fast, but have since taken it out a few times to be handled, and can in good faith say, that if you're gentle, and have your wits about you, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to simply coax it from one container to the next, with a soft paintbrush.

Bill

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If you plan on handling your Versi, it is never too late to start. I have had many Avic. slings that will come out of their container when I open it up to feed them. Once you toss in the crickets and spray the container, just coax it back in. You should be able enjoy the sling and get use to holding it ( if you want to!!)