Very small centipede in millipede tank?

MesiTheMillipede

Arachnopeon
Hello...
This is my first post on this forum so I hope I don't repeat anything that's been said before :)

I have a pretty large Viv that's home to a A.gigas and a few other milli species - today when lifting their bowl I've seen a tiny orange creature scuttling away - upon further inspection it's a small centipede (looks like a big standard British garden centipede...)

Obviously I'm going to get my Millis out and change the soil/buy new moss and soak the wood but I can't do this until tomorrow morning...will my millis be ok? Or should I take them out now???

Literally going crazy!

Please help!?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I don't know... I'm sorry but I'm not a master when it comes to UK native centipedes. Now, for instance, if you had a Scolopendra cingulata (in Italy, and in the whole Mediterranean area, is a native one) inside would be another story.

Genus Scutigera, without having a pic to watch (if you can, btw, upload one) is my best guess. IMO nothing to worry about, just remove the bugger but if you think a re-house would be better I say why no :)

kermitdsk

Arachnosquire
Hi, I also keep some Centrobolus splendidus and Anadenobolus monilicornia with native Centipes. Thats not a problem. The millipedes have there poison to defend themselve.

SDCPs

Arachnolord
Small centipedes really aren't a problem. They can actually cut down on substrate pests...some benefits there ^^

The wolf

Arachnolord
If it was a geophilid google it for a comparison they can be helpful cutting down insect larvea in the substrate like fungus gnats