Very rare Heterometrus sp.

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just got the H. Phipsoni breeding pair and the L. Mucronatus in today and will post pics of them tomorrow. The H. phipsoni look very similar to the H. Mysorensis but they are uniformly black with a light telsons, and they are much bigger, the male is qute impressive and is much larger than his partner.
L. Mucronatus have to be some of the most impressive looking scrops I have seen in a while, hopefuly I have a breeding pair aomong the 5 and can get a brood from them. I'll try to post pics of all of them tomorrow.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sexing L. Mucronatus should be very easy. Males won't be able to close there claw, they have a gap in the midle. Females can close there claw flat. I'm assuming they are adults???

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awsome, can't wait to see pics. How defensive are they? (The H. phipsoni)
No they are much more docile than H. Mysorensis, sorry for the delay but her are some pics, I was able to catch them mating the first night, the last pic is of the L. Mucronatus

Attachments

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey Jarvis....I have to say your H. Madraspatensis are quite a beautiful specimen!!! :clap::clap::clap:
I would love to get a breeding pair into my collection one day.

Gabriel Ventura

Arachnopeon
I finaly have aquired a breeding pair of three my favorite and very rare Heterometrus Sp. H. Swammerdami, H. Madraspatensis, and H. Mysorensis (I'll try to post pics this weekend of all thre pairs). I have already breed my H. Swamerdammi's (around 4 months ago) and the female is finaly starting to put on some extra girth, my H. Madraspatensis my already be gravid, but will try to breed them again in a week, and I'm waiting for my H. Mysorensis to molt again before I try breeding them. I know that they all have a very long gestation, but I still can't wait for them to have a brood. I will try to keep posting updates on how they are going on this thread.
Sir I have 4i h. mysorensis too.. can I know what instar it'll be ready to breed? And if it is parthenogenetic also like h. longimanus? Thanks for answering

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sir I have 4i h. mysorensis too.. can I know what instar it'll be ready to breed? And if it is parthenogenetic also like h. longimanus? Thanks for answering
H. longimanus is not parthenogenetic. Also, you may want to start a new thread.