Very rare Heterometrus sp.

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I finaly have aquired a breeding pair of three my favorite and very rare Heterometrus Sp. H. Swammerdami, H. Madraspatensis, and H. Mysorensis (I'll try to post pics this weekend of all thre pairs). I have already breed my H. Swamerdammi's (around 4 months ago) and the female is finaly starting to put on some extra girth, my H. Madraspatensis my already be gravid, but will try to breed them again in a week, and I'm waiting for my H. Mysorensis to molt again before I try breeding them. I know that they all have a very long gestation, but I still can't wait for them to have a brood. I will try to keep posting updates on how they are going on this thread.

Xanthopus

Arachnoknight
All those scorps u just got, its on my wish list! Im so jealous of u right now!! Good luck on breeding those, they truly are beautiful and rare. Esp the H mysorensis, cant find any info on those beauties...Cant wait for ur pics :drool:

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
LOL, they didn't come cheap, it only cost me a arm a leg and my first born child, but it was worth it{D I'll post pics soon.
I have seen some of the prices in europe, which are high, maybe they are even more expensive in the States.............

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
woohoo!, good luck with those! I've thought of those for so long, I'm tired of them already lol:)liar:).

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
pictures????
I'll post some pics of all three breeding pairs soon either tomorrow or Saturday. The only Heterometrus sp. left on my wish list is H. Kanarensis and possibly H. phipsoni (which I hope to get in a couple of months) H. Kanarensis however I can't find for sale anywhere, so if any one can help me on this please send me a PM

stingray

Arachnobaron
A big CONGRATS on your triplets! Looking forward to seeing the pics. I bet they are just awesome...:cool:

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pics

as promised here are some pics, I have taken all pics on the same flat rock so you can see the massive size of the H. Swammerdami's compared to the much smaller H. Mysorensis (which looks like a cross between a flat rock scorp and a swammerdami)
the Female H. Mysorensis needs one more molt before it's mature (you can tell by the white on the telson) I'll try to get better pics later.

Attachments

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here are some more pics of the H. Mysorensis, The first is the Female and the secound is the male.

Attachments

Xanthopus

Arachnoknight
Those are beautiful and the Madras is massive! I love the H mysorensis chela, they are so huge! Thanks for sharing, u made me want them even more now :worship:

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am totally NOT into Scorpionids, but I am still drooling....! When I would want to keep these, I would get the same species....Very nice.

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very, very nice! I have waited for these in the U.S. for a long time! You definitely have something to brag about.:D;)

Do you have a "favorite" of the three species yet?

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very, very nice! I have waited for these in the U.S. for a long time! You definitely have something to brag about.:D;)

Do you have a "favorite" of the three species yet?
I have always loved H. Longimanus, maybe because it was my first scorp sp. I have a colony of 16 juvies all 2nd instar. Out of the three, H. Madraspatensis look great and are very active (they mated last night:D will put them together in a week to see if the female is still receptive), H. Mysorensis have the most attitude and strike at everything, and my H. swammerdami male comes out every night and walks around climbing everything, the female is rarely seen and stays in her burrow around 98% of the time only to come out to drink (she dosen't even come out to eat but rather waits for a meal to come to her)

stingray

Arachnobaron
Very very impressive! I would be struttin around like a peacock to. Good luck with the breeding....:worship:

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was thinking of getting H. madraspatensis but went a different way, Grosphus ankarana. Glad to see someone breeding them. I'll be sure to get a few from you if you decide to sell any. like Michiel, I'm not a fan of the family but the H. madraspatensis look awesome.

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
I hope you can establish these species in the trade.

Maybe then they'll make it up to Canada in 5 or 10 years :D :rolleyes:

Jarvis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I hope you can establish these species in the trade.

Maybe then they'll make it up to Canada in 5 or 10 years :D :rolleyes:
I plan to keep half of each brood for future breeding and will be selling the 2nd generation, I have already promised half of the first brood of both H. Madraspatensis and H. Mysorensis away to someone in the US (the same person I hope to get a breeding pair of H. Phipsoni from) who probably will be selling them. I hope to establish them in the US hobby since they are all great sp. (I know H. Swammerdammi's are already in the US circut but are still hard to find, and very very very few people are breeding them).