Very odd question lol

GabGab

Arachnoknight
I was watching spider vids and I came across this certain video where this person bought a very old E. Campestratus and she had problems "pooping".. She ended up dying and she tried to save her by hydrating the spinnerets. I never heard of this death before. How would one pervent that? How does a T get backed up? I know alot of you guys have had spiders for years and I don't know if this ever happened to anyone on here. 🤔

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Search for "impaction" there have been a few threads here on this lately

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
You can find a thread about impaction in here:

Or in Tom Moran's website (which I forgot the name), google Tarantula Impaction.

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Could impaction be related to hydration?
That's one possibility. But noone has really found the definitive cause. An idea gaining a lot of merit is that the blockage may be caused by something not moulting away correctly from that area, during the tarantulas last moult.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's one possibility. But noone has really found the definitive cause. An idea gaining a lot of merit is that the blockage may be caused by something not moulting away correctly from that area, during the tarantulas last moult.
That idea has no merit in my circumstance. This is not always the case at all.

Jess S

Arachnobaron
That's really interesting. I see you replied underneath that you feel hydration could be a cause. Is that from what you saw in your own collection, or did you identify another cause?

Did your 2 survive? Most don't :(
Sorry for your loss, I hope I never have to deal with it.

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
What about their "suction stomach?" I thought I read through the link above that that was thought to be related (with pictures of molts showing what to look for) to impactions.
Might have been one of the "not eating" threads, though. I should probably double check before posting this, but... I should also really start being able to pass little tests at this point, too...LoL
What say you, Viper? A for effort, or "see you after class?"

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What about their "suction stomach?" I thought I read through the link above that that was thought to be related (with pictures of molts showing what to look for) to impactions.
Might have been one of the "not eating" threads, though. I should probably double check before posting this, but... I should also really start being able to pass little tests at this point, too...LoL
What say you, Viper? A for effort, or "see you after class?"
You are correct. I wish in my case I had checked the molt years ago. Real shame as the species was one of the larger ones too.