very odd discovery

toxic667

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Last night i was feeding my suntiger who molted a couple weeks ago and i found another spider in the cage. it was not a tarantula. it was like the size of a nickel. I caught it and im keeping it in a gatorade bottle for now. Its got a black carapace, tan abdomen and red legs. I've never seen a spider like it before. my suntiger is still young and is about 3" now in leg span. i have absolutly no idea how the little spider could have gotten in the sun tigers cage because i didnt open the cage for a couple weeks (since she molted).

any ideas on what it could be?

toxic667

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that looks about right. only the carapace on mine is like jet black not the red colour. and how did it get in my tarantula cage?

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
one that small could have slipped in on the "lip" of the cage when we had our 4 foot iguana sammy and his giant cage we had a prob were anoles slid in and well it was quite nasty mess to clean up

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
one that small could have slipped in on the "lip" of the cage when we had our 4 foot iguana sammy and his giant cage we had a prob were anoles slid in and well it was quite nasty mess to clean up
lol I wish I had an "Anole" problem...Finally saw my first in the wild while in Oklahoma on a recent trip...

Envyizm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Looks like a Urozelotes rusticus to me or something from Gnaphosidae family.

nhaverland413

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Trachelas. possibly T. tranquillis. I've found females sharing the same web hides. They've got great attitude for such a small spider.

toxic667

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
any possibility this thing is really venomous? cuz it crawled on me and it coulda bit me LOL